Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
It would be great if you could make the theme into a PKG after its released. I saw daniel figured out how to solve the issue we have been having; Im sure it just something small, but like I said i haven't really been able to find time to play with stuff like that. I gotta keep making money

I can do my best to help with that!

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2016
Alright, I've tested a theory. I added a Finder.app to the package I made, but all I put inside was the Resources folder, containing only the Yosemite/El Cap/Sierra styled Finder icon as Finder.icns. After install, the icon for Finder was indeed changed to that .icns, while for the rest the file was left unmodified. If this goes the same for system files like .bundle files, which I strongly believe will, CandyBar won't even be required for a macOS Sierra PPC Installer DVD.

Reactions: Orizence

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Thanks to Daniel, I finally found out why my DVD wasn't working. Now I just have to add the descriptions and the size of all the apps to the installer menu.

Is there any suggestions for the apps to be included?

ifrit05

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Near Detroit, MI. USA
All versions of TenFourFox (G4/G4e, G5), Onyx, Mactracker, Transmission, Flux, Keka/Unarchiver, Lab Tick, Monolingual, VLC, ATIccelerator and Rember to name a few.

Latest versions of all built-in OS X apps for PPC (replacing iTunes.pkg on disc for example)

Also, should remove Boot Camp package and anything to do with intel (kext's as well) to save a few MB's. make sure to remove the references in the distribution file.

That's what I did on my custom disc anyways.

If needed, I created a AIO Installation pkg for the three versions of TFF.

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
All versions of TenFourFox (G4/G4e, G5), Onyx, Mactracker, Transmission, Flux, Keka/Unarchiver, Lab Tick, Monolingual, VLC, ATIccelerator and Rember to name a few.

Latest versions of all built-in OS X apps for PPC (replacing iTunes.pkg on disc for example)

Also, should remove Boot Camp package and anything to do with intel (kext's as well) to save a few MB's. make sure to remove the references in the distribution file.

That's what I did on my custom disc anyways.

If needed, I created a AIO Installation pkg for the three versions of TFF.
Separate packages?

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Good! I'm going to try taking a break from it this weekend, the transmission bellhousing is cracked so I need to take it out and tig weld it back together.

Maybe the theme pack will get better this weekend, if not, I'll just release what I have thus far.
Since there has been an extended abscense of @SourceSunTom , I have begun working on the same things he has. So far I have the stoplights done and part of the menu bar (it needs improvement). I should be able to get most of it done this weekend

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Okay so now almost everything works as expected. Now all I need to do is change the EULA to a little Read-Me and change the Welcome to Mac OS X thing to whatever I feel looks good.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
I working on modding "About This Mac" Icons for PPC systems if anyone is interested.

This I would love! Just like Lion where it showed an icon of the Mac instead of the X.

Okay so now almost everything works as expected. Now all I need to do is change the EULA to a little Read-Me and change the Welcome to Mac OS X thing to whatever I feel looks good.

"Brought to you by PowerPC enthusiasts and the PowerPC Archive :) "

Since there has been an extended abscense of @SourceSunTom , I have begun working on the same things he has. So far I have the stoplights done and part of the menu bar (it needs improvement). I should be able to get most of it done this weekend

Good deal. I'll have to talk to you so I can test them and add them to my folder of "theme stuff" :)

Orizence

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
It was a joke since @Adamscomputerrepair said he was excited to make a how-to on the install. I presumed it was a video on YT
I was trying to figure out what he was talking about when he said a "How to" and then you joined in so I thought I was missing something from another thread... :p (I need sleep)

But in all seriousness, I really don't think there is a need for a guide. It will be like any other normal 10.5 disk with just a bunch more install options.
Edit: Maybe some UI customizations too

Last edited:

ifrit05

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
Near Detroit, MI. USA
Actually, I went ahead and started modding "About This Mac" nib to be more like later "ATM" panels/windows. Gotta cover a shift at another work location tonight but then I got a day off.

Pics to follow soon.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
I was trying to figure out what he was talking about when he said a "How to" and then you joined in so I thought I was missing something from another thread... :p (I need sleep)

But in all seriousness, I really don't think there is a need for a guide. It will be like any other normal 10.5 disk with just a bunch more install options.
Edit: Maybe some UI customizations too

I was talking about a YouTube video and it's simply for the theme pack. If you guys do an OS, I may review it but that's all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.