ProKit Framework PowerPC instead of Intel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Porshuh944turbo, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Porshuh944turbo macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2003
    Anyone try installing Final Cut Studio using Pacifist on an Intel Mac? I tried it and none of the apps will open (FCP, DVDSP, Soundtrack Pro, nothing). I can get it to run using Rosetta (Get Info >> Check Open with Rosetta), but not natively, even though this is FCS 5.1 Universal (UB). A quick look at console and I find that my ProKit framework is PowerPC. Console tells me "wrong architecture"... so I look through and reinstall the Pro Runtime package and nothing, same thing. The framework file that is giving me fits is I think, /System/Library/Private.framework/Versions/A/ProKit (from memory).
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    Did you upgrade an exising PPC (and therefore unsupported) installation? If so I suggest that is the problem. Remove all FCS apps and supporting frameworks and install again.
  3. Porshuh944turbo thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 4, 2003
    This was a new install.

Edit: Actually, I remember now that this is actually an upgrade disc (asks for serials from older versions of DVDSP and FCP, etc), but I had not previously installed earlier versions.

I found out I needed to get the Universal ProKit framework. Found it via a link on forums.