Promo code: would this do the trick?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Leeloo the 5th, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Leeloo the 5th macrumors member

Leeloo the 5th

Hi!! I'm about to buy a nice new Mini (thus becoming a true Halo Switcher) with Apple Care, and I thought it'd be nice to have a coupon, something like 30euro off 300 euro. I have already received coupons a couple of months ago, when I just registered at the store, but couldn't use them back then.

So I thought I'd do this: first I order my Apple Care alone, it has free shipping. Then Apple will send me a coupon, trying to entice me to another purchase. I use it to buy my Mini online, with edu discount.

What do you think? Is it going to work, will I get a coupon for buying just AppleCare?? :confused:
    Thanks for all insight!!!

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

to buy apple care dont you have to have the system first?! :confused:

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That and I'm not sure you'd be able to use the promo code on an edu purchase anyhow...

4. Leeloo the 5th thread starter macrumors member

Leeloo the 5th

Well for all they know I could already have it, bought it some place else.
    I'd have to read the fine prints, but I think they are "stackable". Not sure, though, good point.

5. Leeloo the 5th thread starter macrumors member

Leeloo the 5th

I found an old promo mail in my inbox, and the fine print at the bottom states that students and teachers can use the code in the edu store. So that's solved ;)

For those who read French:

[​IMG]

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

When I bought my powerbook, I bought it direct from Apple with Educational Discount. When I added the Powerbook AND Applecare to the shopping basket, a £40 discount was applied because I was buying them together. I was very pleased as the Applecare was discounted already!

If Apple are still offering this, it would be wise to do the same as me, as you might not get any codes, and £40 is bigger than any discount code I've come across so far.

7. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

That is for the french store though. They do things differently.

8. Leeloo the 5th thread starter macrumors member

Leeloo the 5th

Belgian actually. I'd buy from the Belgian online Apple store ;)

Thanks for the tip, NATO! You're right, I'm not even sure I'll get a coupon after the first purchase. That's why I wanted to check with you guys, perhaps you would've told me that you indeed automatically get a promo code after you buy anything from the online store. I'm not sure because I haven't bought anything yet from the online store, I had to sign up just to be able to have my defective iPod earbuds replaced.