Proof of Keynote 2.0?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BWhaler, Oct 18, 2003.

1. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I just finished watching the latest SteveNote, and there were clearly a few transitions and effects which are not available in the current version of Keynote.

I'm assuming this means there is a new version on the way, which is good news since I think the 1.0 is a good beginning but lacking in many areas.

I hope 2.0 fills in the missing gaps with PowerPoint, and takes the Apple magic components to the next level.

2. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

I was also thinking this, as Apple was having that half price Keynote special on their website.

3. synthetickittie macrumors regular

Im not saying 2.0 DEFINITELY isnt coming soon but correct me if Im wrong, couldnt it of just been an animated gif doing the effect?

4. dricci macrumors 6502a

It could be, but I doubt Steve would go through the trouble of making an animated gif.

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

its definately a new transition there a few others too. There one in the keynote, I'm sure of it!

I don't think it'd be a 2.0, more like a 1.2 or a 1.5

I hope more develops on this, its a great app. I done a school project on it once! :)

6. Doraemon macrumors 6502

You think Steve is making any of his presentations himself? No way.

7. BWhaler thread starter macrumors 68020

BWhaler

You are absolutely correct on that point.

I really hope the next version is not a 1.2 or 1.5 but a full fledged 2.0 release. I don't mind waiting until January for it.

Apple should consider a "Pro" Version which has more themes and pro quality clipart and stock photography. Same version of the program, but throw in those extras in for small businesses.

Either way, I hope we get a full upgrade, and Apple isn't pulling an "iCal," doing silly incremental upgrades which may be fine for teachers and consumers, but are seriously lacking for businesses.

8. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

The promotion I was talking about ends around December 27th, so I would think that the new Keynote would come out during the SF Keynote like the original.

9. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

I think the next u/g will be a 1.5. Keynote is a very good app on its own right now and they would need a hellofa lot to call it 2.0:

*continuous sound rather than slide based
    *new transitions
    *ability ot play via shared screens in Apple Remote Desktop (think classroom with no digital projector)
    *more control over automated quicktime export settings such as individual timings for each slide
    *ability to do automated presentations from the app itself
    *more control over speed of transitions
    *ability to layer transitions (i.e. a cube left and up a the same time for a wicked effect (i use this technique in FCP4))
    *<sarcasm>steves face in the stock photos so i can put it on all my slides and make everyone in my school bow to it</sarcasm>

those are a few of the things i think would need to be (bar the layered transitions) in there to call it a 2.0 release. Knowing Apple they will do this and a whole lot more before 2.0