Proof positive that the Liberal Media are indoctrinating us

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Did you know that the TV series Commander in Chief is designed to pave the way for a Hillary Clinton presidency?

[​IMG] Give!...Me!...A!...Break!

Frankly, we shoulda seen this coming. But man!, those Hillary-haters just never give it a rest, do they?

Vile, brainwashing, Commie liberal link

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't remember anyone attacking any of those other presidential dramas with a man at the helm.

The fact that the show is so compelling and that women have another strong female figure has to be considered just plain wrong by so many men. More women might consider careers instead of becoming door mats for overbearing men. It's an interesting problem. :p

3. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

The Gender of a leader makes little difference to me, what they attempt to do or actually achieve is what I will appreciate them for. I don't care if it is Gore, H Clinton, or Kerry. As long as it is someone who is going to act in the interests of the nation as a whole.

If a woman were able to become President, in more than a theatrical way, it would be a testament to progress in this nation.

However, Condi replacing Bush would seem more like replacing one spokesperson for the interests that elected them with another who serves the same purpose.

A real political leader would be one who could effectively balance the needs of those who don't have the power to influence with those who do in a way that is beneficial for all Americans.

I think the right are as scared as Hillary as they have ever been. Otherwise she would not be an issue. She is an element that is effective, but not controllable. Similar to her husband. If she wasn't, they would not care.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'd sooner vote for Geena than Hillary. I'd sooner vote for a dead cat than Hillary. Of course, I'd rather have Hillary than GW. But I'd rather eat a dead cat than have GW.

You know, I don't really like any of them.

5. tristan macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen the show (I can only DVR two shows at a time and its not in my top two) but I suspect that Hilary probably was a creative factor. So what though? Most TV shows are inspired by something that either happened or could possibly happen, but then take on a life of their own. That's just good, creative scriptwriting.

6. katchow macrumors 6502

i'm with you. i get the feeling Hillary was part of the inspiration behind this. It doesn't mean that its propaganda. Though i don't think its what i would call good or creative writing. With the success of West Wing I imagine ABC's been scrambling to cash in on the trend.

Pitched as, "West Wing with a twist!"

7. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

now, if you'd rather eat a live cat, then you'd have something.

and what's wrong with cat anyways? tastes like rabbit :D

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny how the righties complain about something like this being liberal indoctrination, but crappy shows like '7th Heaven' and 'Touched by an Angel' (where did the angel touch you timmy ;) ) aren't considered indoctrinating propaganda for the religious right.

Methinks a double standard is in play...

9. takao macrumors 68040

takao

worst tv-show ever ... hands down ... , i simply can't stand it i _have_ to chance the channel every single time ...

10. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[Insert Chinese restaurant joke here.]

11. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I like Commander in Chief -- seen the first two episodes, TiVoed #3 but haven't seen it. Geena Davis is most definitely the Hottest President Ever. Hillary would be ... um ... the bustiest? Not counting Taft?

However, I think Hillary would be more "in charge" than Davis seems. That's not really the issue -- the issue is, can America accept a woman who's as authoritative as Hillary?

12. tristan macrumors 6502a

Indoctrination is the last thing on any TV exec's mind. It's so hard to get a hit show out there. At the most, all you can do is hope it finds a loyal audience.

And from a viewer point of view, indoctrination doesn't work. I've watched every episode of the X-Files but I still don't believe my government is covering up alien abductions. Maybe I should go back and watch them a few more times. Seriously, the only place that I think indoctrination *does* work is documentaries because they can be both true and one-sided.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I read this earlier today and just laughed. The most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Did you see the musical episode? Worst. Episode. Ever.

15. tristan macrumors 6502a

A musical episode? Ack! I'm suddenly feeling cold... so cold...