Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
Shaggymac keyboard cover to protect the screen from marks and the macally bookpads on the palm rests for comfort & to protect the aluminum from scratches. The bookpads for the MBA are not yet available so I am going to trim a MBP Bookpad for the time being.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Steve Jobs himself used a plain inter-office envelope during the keynote, just like you see in the commercial.

He designed it, I think he'd know what's good enough, no?

Steve Jobs carried the air in an inter-office envelope for dramatic effect, not because it was an effective way to protect the air in everyday life and with regular use. And as a side-note, he didn't design it. ;)

Incipio's Orion looks really nice, but it says it won't be available again until Feb 22, what's the deal there??

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
I use Radtech. I use the screensavrz and sleevz. Both are made for the Macbook but work well with the Macbook Air. Radtech are excellent.:D

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA

smagdy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Sweden
I received my wrapper, its the black one with orange interior.. But not the MBA yet!

I really have no experience with sleeves as I have not bought except 1 laptop like 4yrs ago and sold it 3yrs ago :) So I can't give a good review for this sleeve..

But it looks fine, good quality.. but it will just protect the MBA from like dust and so.. won't absorb strong shocks or something..

West of House

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2005
I am using the Incase MacBook sleeve I had from my other MacBook, but when I put it in im worried its going to get scratched on the jaws of the case.

I was thinking of getting one of those as a stopgap measure, but I read all those reviews about color rubbing off of them, and I got cold feet.

jjd

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2003
Singapore, China, they're all in Asia and it might as well just be China. Although I guess technically they are Pacific Islanders.

It's ok, I'm Asian. We're allowed to make these generalizations :p:rolleyes:

I just ordered my Fabrix Deluxe Case. Going to compare it to my Airmail, if that ever comes in.... :confused:

Pacific Islanders? You might be Asian mate but you're no geographer! And get ready for the flames from the Singaporeans taking umbrage at being told "it may as well be China", la!

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
Pacific Islanders? You might be Asian mate but you're no geographer! And get ready for the flames from the Singaporeans taking umbrage at being told "it may as well be China", la!

Singapore is an island in the south pacific, right? To me that constitutes a Pacific Islander. :p

I hope everyone can read all the sarcasm in my posts. I'm really not that much of an <insert expletive>, I promise. ;):D:eek:

ddd269

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
As far as the invisishield goes... It's the best worry-free, no bulk protection you can buy. I love it.

Here's a link to the post - I posted pictures

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/433784/

I also purchased the Case Logic MacBook 13.3" reversible neoprene cover (whew, that's a long name). It was originally designed for the MacBook, but it fits the MBA real nice. The neoprene material is very stretchy and cushy. Real nice. Make sure you don't buy the regular 13" version of this same line. It was made for regular 13" not the widescreen 13.3", so if you look from the side, it's narrower and taller. I'm sure you guys will get it right, but it could be confusing because if you do a search, it will show both models.

Here's a link to the site. They were having a 20% off sale when I got it.
http://www.caselogic.com/products/index.cfm?modelid=101941&sourceId=CLSHOPNG01

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 102

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA
you can actually get a manilla envelope to store your MBA in :)

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9852848-1.html

Way ahead of you on that one. There's actually a thread discussing this product and how it hasn't even come close to shipping yet. I have one of those on order as well as the Fabrix Deluxe Case. Although looking at that Case Logic sleeve that doesn't look to be a bad option either. Gah, I'm spending too much money on accessories!! :eek:

jjd

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2003
Singapore is an island in the south pacific, right? To me that constitutes a Pacific Islander. :p

I hope everyone can read all the sarcasm in my posts. I'm really not that much of an <insert expletive>, I promise. ;):D:eek:

No. It is nowhere near the South Pacific. The nearest ocean is the South China Sea. And, its north of the equator...

ddd269

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
Way ahead of you on that one. There's actually a thread discussing this product and how it hasn't even come close to shipping yet. I have one of those on order as well as the Fabrix Deluxe Case. Although looking at that Case Logic sleeve that doesn't look to be a bad option either. Gah, I'm spending too much money on accessories!! :eek:

Spend away my friend... Isn't that why we work so hard?

Besides, the economy needs a little boost with our spending ;)

Eldentistfuturo

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2004
Houston
As far as the invisishield goes... It's the best worry-free, no bulk protection you can buy. I love it.

Here's a link to the post - I posted pictures

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/433784/

I also purchased the Case Logic MacBook 13.3" reversible neoprene cover (whew, that's a long name). It was originally designed for the MacBook, but it fits the MBA real nice. The neoprene material is very stretchy and cushy. Real nice. Make sure you don't buy the regular 13" version of this same line. It was made for regular 13" not the widescreen 13.3", so if you look from the side, it's narrower and taller. I'm sure you guys will get it right, but it could be confusing because if you do a search, it will show both models.

Here's a link to the site. They were having a 20% off sale when I got it.
http://www.caselogic.com/products/index.cfm?modelid=101941&sourceId=CLSHOPNG01

Here are some pics.

How snug is it on the macbook air? Is there alot of extra room?

ddd269

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
Torrance, CA
How snug is it on the macbook air? Is there alot of extra room?

The Case Logic neoprene cover fits very snug on the MBA - no play or extra room. I guess it was originally designed for the MB, but it must have been pretty tight. Then again the material is very stretchy. I'll try it on my son's MB later to see how tight, but fits great with MBA. I recommend it.

I bought it to carry my MBA in my "man purse" (this is what my wife calls my Bally bag) without having it rattle in there with keys and other "scratchy" stuff. :D

dahcheet

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
Harrisburg, PA

I sat there and stared at the screen for a good 30 seconds waiting for the picture to load when I realized it was a white envelope.... on a while background. Good work there, Staples.

While this will protect it, I want something with a little bit of cushion. This looks like it's woven paper and that's it. While thrifty, it's not for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.