Protection for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CrEsTo, Jan 26, 2007.

1. CrEsTo macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

Hi folks,

I'll be taking my MBP to school everyday, I was wondering if there's any kind of iSkin, or plastic cover for the computer.

I do have a zero halliburton case, but it's way too heavy for daily use and it doesn't provide protection while using the computer.

Any suggestions?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Honestly, you don't really need an all-over protector for the computer while you're using it... I mean, that'd make it so ugly! :O

I'd recommend a good sleeve for transporting it in your backpack (I like Waterfield Designs), but that's it. Most of the time when you're using the machine actively it'll be on your lap or a table. It doesn't really need protection while you're using it the same way a handheld mobile device like an iPod or cell phone does.

3. CrEsTo thread starter macrumors 6502

CrEsTo

Well, the problem is that it won't be on a nice flat surface, it will probably be next to industrial machines, tools, ugly wood/metal table, dust and so on and I would like to avoid dents or scratches.

The issue is not the protection while transporting it, but while using it.

4. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Invisible skin from BestSkinsEver its half the cost of ShieldZone and its the same product! I've used if on my phone, camera and both Macbooks. Will not add bulk and protects it very well. Also, you get a better grip and leaves no fingerprints! Yay!

As for keyboard, either buy from iSkin or eBay (I recommend eBay as it is half the price and covers not only the keyboard but the palm rests).

For the screen, buy from eBay. I purchased two for my Macbooks and they were the perfect fit. Invest in a little protection and your Macbook will be looking brand new a few years down the road when you decide to resell it.

If you don't mind the bulk, you can purchase a clear hard shell case from Speck Products. I actually have a brand new one just sitting around if you're interested. Let me know!