Protective Skins for MacBooks and MacBook Pros??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woodcrest64, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2006
    I'm wondering what the best thing is for protecting your macbook chasis from the oil and dirt from your wrists and arms. After a while of use the oil will fade and discolor the area in which your wrists lay below the keyboard.

I've noticed Apple's website has some soft leather skins but they don't look all that nice from the pictures. Can anyone recommend anything that looks really good but also works well too??
  2. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2002
    I got the full-body kit from ShieldZone and it is still holding strong today with no scratches. HIGHLY recommend this!

There is a huge difference in the quality of the shields. I bought another one from ApplePeelz for my Powerbook G4 and hated it - that one was pure vinyl, just a cut-out of a 3M film sheet. Even after carefully applying it, there were major air pockets, bubbling and ripples that showed up, and never went away.
  3. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    I have the BSE skin for my iPod as well as my Blackberry and compared it to my professor's iPod (he use to work for Apple) and its the same product. Both are great except BSE has it for almost 50% cheaper. Ships fast too!
  4. KipCoon macrumors regular

Aug 23, 2000
    Speck hard shell, iSkin keyboard protector and BSE wrist pad and trackpad kit.. yeup, My MacBook is armored to the teeth :D
  5. CeCe macrumors member

Nov 5, 2006
    Has anyone tried the Macally Screen Protectors (clear plastic that clings to the screen)?

I have a friend who reccomended it to me, but my University Bookstore only sells the 12" PB version. I've searched online and on eBay, but I'm a little wary from buying something similar to the Macally from eBay, especially not knowing the brand or the materials...

I have a MacBook and there's none from Macally made specifically for that size, but if it's really good, I might buy the MB Pro 15" size and just cut it down myself.
  6. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    Macally only has it for the 17" MBP. I'm on the market for a clear screen protector that clings on but no luck except eBay and Shinza but Shinza has it for the 15", not 13.3" :(

I didn't want to start a new thread but maybe I will if I don't get successful results:

Do any MB users have the clear screen protector? NOT the screen saverz but a clear screen protector that clings? If so, where?

7. borly macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2006
    i use the one of Power Support. It's not available in the US website, but i found in the Japan site. :)
  8. arabiafish macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2007
    I have the MBP InvisibleShield from ShieldZone and it's pretty amazing, you can use a key and you can't even scratch the shield. The lifetime replacement policy really means something-- I had to tear mine off to remove the screws on the bottom, and ShieldZone replaced everything for free (plus $3 shipping). Look for a coupon code online.
  9. popelife macrumors member

Nov 3, 2006
    Anyone know where to get trackpad protectors in the UK? (for an MBP). If there's one thing that bugs me, it's how quickly you wear the centre of the trackpad smooth.

I always mean to use a mouse more, but never do.
  10. droors macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2006
    I have a question pertaining to the Speck See-Thru Hard Shell for 13" MacBook. Do these shells really work with the new 13" MacBooks? After looking at all the pics of this product, it appears as though the cut-outs for the peripherals are setup in a MacBook Pro configuration (ie. front loading slot drive, etc). Was this company just too lazy to put up pics of the real product for the 13" MB or what?
  11. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

May 10, 2006
    Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    hi, i just bought blackbook
    and wondering is that matt top case will be easier to scracth than my old MBP ?
    cause if i put any protectors on it , it will look shinny and the reason i bought the blackbook is because of the "matt" black :(
  12. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    The speck is cut to fit the MB. I have one but it is just sitting in the corner because I don't use it. It is brand new, no scratches, comes with everything. Let me know if you are interested.
  13. cosmefulanito09 macrumors newbie

Feb 10, 2009
    Really nice protective skins

I bought a protective skin from this site: SpiceMyDevice (I got the graffiti wall, kinda cool) and it worked out great, been using it for about 10 months now, not a scatch on my macbook.
  14. iaymnu macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2007
    For the keyboard i highly recommend moshi clearguard. It makes it look like there isn't anything on the keyboard. Plus it isn't like the silicon type where it attracts lint,dust. It is more like plastic feel.

15. johnsy macrumors 6502

Nov 15, 2006

Wash hands after you ate that juicy burger and greasy french fries!:D
    Invisible shield seems not that bad solution as it doesn't bulk up computer.