Proud new DS owner!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well I finally picked up a DS, well, two DS Lites, actually. I was leaving for a long trip to a family reunion and picked up a couple for my wife and I.

I also picked up NSMB and Tetris DS and most say I love them both!

The extra modes in Tetris are a definite welcome, and I especially liked Touch mode.

Anyway, does anyone else in here still play Tetris? We'll have to play some Wi-Fi battles... but be warned, I have a ridiculous amount of Tetris experience. ;)

2. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

congratulations on your purchase ;)
    i'd get Mario Kart too...

3. Blind Buzzard macrumors member

I purchased a DS for myself and signifigant other a couple months ago. We both love them.

Congratulations on your purchase, here's to many hours of wrist aching gratification! :D

I suggest Suduko Gridmaster, Tiger Woods, Advance Wars, BrainAge, and Metroid Prime Hunters. (These are all currently the most active in my collection.)

I haven't got around to purchasing Tetris yet, hopefully soon.

4. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

cool! a buddy of mine just told me he got me a ds and a boatload of games for my upcoming wedding. i am planning to get one for my fiance so we can play them together. i've had a psp for several months but recently it's been doing nothing but collecting dust.

5. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

That [Mario Kart DS] almost replaced Tetris DS when I was choosing games...

6. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Congrats on the wedding! That's the way to spend a honey moon, sitting in the suite playing Nintendo DS! haha. ;) j/k

7. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Agreed in that you should totally get Mariokart DS. I'd definitely take you on in that. I've logged way more hours having wi-fi battles on that then Tetris.

8. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I second that, indeed! Personally, my girlfriend and I lay in bed before sleeping and play Nintendogs.

It's cute.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh it's Tetris here :D

10. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I really wanted to get Tetris... maybe I will... just maybe.

I would recommend Animal Crossing to anybody who has a DS. It should come in the mail with samples of Tide.

Daniel.

11. Catfish Jones macrumors member

Under these circumstances, there is only one viable game choice. Big Brain Academy. Now you'll have definitive proof of who is smarter. ;)

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's the one for kids, Brain Training is the one for us married types (I'm not married :p )

13. Catfish Jones macrumors member

So I take it you've got all the platinum medals than? :D My 28 year-old sister, married with one child, absolutely loves it. It's in the same category as The Sims, Animal Crossing and Nintendogs. Girls love them and guys play them behind closed doors.

In my opinion, Big Brain Academy is a better game then Brian Age (Training). That's because Brain Age isn't so much a game as it is a daily ten-minute excercise; Big Brain Academy can be picked up at any time for any duration. (Also, Big Brain Academy as a versus mode which was the premise for the suggestion.)

14. howard macrumors 68020

howard

hehehe

15. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Cool, congrats on the purchase, i was going to buy a lite, and hold of for the wii, but as you can see of my wii obsession, i am holding off the lite until after my wii.
    Hope you enjoy. Mario Cart was very fun on Wi-Fi when i used my friends DS!

16. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Just got my DS Lite last week with a handful of games, loving it! Advanced Wars is amazing. Phoenix Wright is great for the train ride into work. New Super Mario Brothers is just plain fun. Lost in Blue is a once-in-a-while chip-away-at kind of thing. I had Lost Magic for a day but the quirks just bothered me too much so I traded it in. I'm hoping to get some online action going so I'll probably be picking Metroid and Animal Crossing next. Waiting till October to order the Euro version of the Opera Web Browser. This thing is great, using it a whole lot more than my Game Cube.

17. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I have my old DS to my girlfriend when I got my Lite, and bought her Nintendogs and Brain Age. Now she won't stop taunting me because her Brain Age is 21, and I'm 29. :(

18. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Grats on your new DS!

Meh :p You're right and I didn't know. Then again I'm not one to give up so easily! It may appear that I was implying on the sale of said item but never was it stated that I was actually selling anything! Mwahahaha!

Ahah! New signature idea because of this!

19. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

You are not to sell things outside of the marketplace, or your thread will be closed. And you have to have 100 posts to post there. Though i know you will be there soon!:)

20. adamyoshida macrumors regular

One of my rooommates laid her hands on my DS Lite and, I'm fairly sure that I shall now never see it again. I'm thinking of putting up some missing person posters.