Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Yes, I caved. I sold my 12" pb and got a new 1.83Ghz Macbook. I never used the superdrive once in my old Powerbook (I have an external DVD writer anyway) and the 170Mhzx2 isn't worth the extra 200 bucks to me. So thus I have a bones Macbook which rocks! I got a sweet deal on my trade in too!

I'm trying to add pictures but I have never tried it before so I hope it works! The screen really is amazing compared to my Powerbook's, WAY brighter and the added resolution helps. The quality of the built in iSight is much better than I imagined as well.

Overall the Macbook feels a lot bigger which is a bit of a downer, and since it is wider and thinner it feels like I am going to break it when I pick it up. That being said, the thinness is amazing! and it feels lighter than my Powerbook although I know it isn't.

Im also stoked that the AC adaptor isn't huge like with the MB Pro, its the same size as my old Powerbook one I think. My only real annoyance so far is the lack of stuff that comes with this. My powerbook came with the VGA/DVI adaptors, phone cord etc. My Macbook came with...um... the Macbook. I know there is no modem and such so no need for a phone cord but still! I feel a little shafted. Oh! and the magnetic latch rock! (oooo magnets ;) )

Attachments

• Macbook 001.jpg
    Macbook 001.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Macbook 002.jpg
    Macbook 002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Macbook 003.jpg
    Macbook 003.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Macbook 004.jpg
    Macbook 004.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Macbook 006.jpg
    Macbook 006.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 198

Zerocool84

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2006
Norway
sikkinixx said:
Yes, I caved. I sold my 12" pb and got a new 1.83Ghz Macbook. I never used the superdrive once in my old Powerbook (I have an external DVD writer anyway) and the 170Mhzx2 isn't worth the extra 200 bucks to me. So thus I have a bones Macbook which rocks! I got a sweet deal on my trade in too!

I'm trying to add pictures but I have never tried it before so I hope it works! The screen really is amazing compared to my Powerbook's, WAY brighter and the added resolution helps. The quality of the built in iSight is much better than I imagined as well.

Overall the Macbook feels a lot bigger which is a bit of a downer, and since it is wider and thinner it feels like I am going to break it when I pick it up. That being said, the thinness is amazing! and it feels lighter than my Powerbook although I know it isn't.

Im also stoked that the AC adaptor isn't huge like with the MB Pro, its the same size as my old Powerbook one I think. My only real annoyance so far is the lack of stuff that comes with this. My powerbook came with the VGA/DVI adaptors, phone cord etc. My Macbook came with...um... the Macbook. I know there is no modem and such so no need for a phone cord but still! I feel a little shafted. Oh! and the magnetic latch rock! (oooo magnets ;) )

Thanks for sharing :D

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
In a way you're special just for having a white MacBook. It seems like the white ones are going to be much rarer.

Hurrah for Apple's revenues... :rolleyes:

Congratulations on the MacBook, I've heard good things from friends. :D

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
How long does it take to hear the mooing?

How loud is it?

My new macbook has been on for the last 5 hours... with no signs of cattle.

Am I safe?

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
cr2sh said:
How long does it take to hear the mooing?

How loud is it?

My new macbook has been on for the last 5 hours... with no signs of cattle.

Am I safe?

its not super loud, only heard it when nothing else was on, dead quiet room. I thought it was something from outside. It really sounds like a small fan turning on, then off. Only lasts a second and seemed to happy once every minute or so, but now it has stopped!

Gonna monitor it hot, cold, on for a while, off for a while etc to see if there is any pattern.

knackroller

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2006
I prefer the white ones too. Can one get a white one with maxed out specs?

realityisterror said:
In a way you're special just for having a white MacBook. It seems like the white ones are going to be much rarer.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
realityisterror said:

I prefer the white ones anyway. To me the black ones look like a car without any clear coat! Shiny < Dull. Plus nothing else is black, no black cords or adaptors or anything so it's not the whole package!

vangrl

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
Did you get the macbook in Vancouver or did you order it from apple? i'm trying to find a store in Vancouver that has them.
thanks

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
knackroller said:
I prefer the white ones too. Can one get a white one with maxed out specs?

Yeppers. Just order it online at the Apple store. Or buy the base 2.0 Ghz White model and upgrade the RAM and HDD yourself. With the new MacBooks DIY upgrades are a piece of pie.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
vangrl said:
Did you get the macbook in Vancouver or did you order it from apple? i'm trying to find a store in Vancouver that has them.
thanks

I got it from Simply Computing in Langley. I got the last one they had, except the display model. The manager there said about 2 weeks until the next shipment comes in. If you can wait I would highly recommend them, very professional and know their stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.