Proud owner (almost) of a 17" PB!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by reaper, Jul 7, 2004.

1. reaper macrumors 6502

I just ordered my second mac last night at an Apple store near my house! :D

I originally was trying to decide between a 12" PB and iBook, since I thought I would want a Rev. A G5 PB when they came out, but I decided against it since the Rev. C's now are such great, time-tested machines. But I finally decided to go with the current lineup and wait for a Rev. B G5 (or equivalent) to avoid the possible complications of a first-run computer.

It's only been a couple hours, but I am already going crazy waiting for it to ship. Okay, okay, enough of the talking here are the specs:

17" PB
    1.5 GHz G4
    512 MB RAM (1 SLOT)
    80 GB (@5400)
    128 VRAM
    AE
    BT
    Backlit KB

I guess the only options are the bumped up video card and the faster HD, but I know I am going to be quite happy.

Also, I'm 6'6" so the size isn't that big of a deal, and I plan on getting an extra battery to carry around with me for school next year.

So here's to my second mac and all of the great help I've gotten on these forums! Thanks everyone! :D :D :D

- reaper

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I think you mentioned you were a student; if you are also looking to pick up an iPod - check this out! Just posted!!

[​IMG]

3. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip. I figured they were going to do something like that (similar to last year), but I already have a 15GB and am waiting for the next iteration of the line. And, unfortunately, I'm not motivated enough to resell it on eBay for a small profit. If only I were more industrious. :eek:

- reaper

4. reaper thread starter macrumors 6502

No congratulatory messages, huh? I feel shunned. :(

- reaper

5. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

Congrats on your new PB,its a very nice machine!

6. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Congrats on the machine.I wish i can justify blowin that much on a pb.Maybe one day.anyway let us know when you get it.

7. daxdagr8t macrumors member

congrats on the purchase of the new pb.ur 6'6 witha 17, i wonder how yao ming can live with using the 12 and hes 7'5.hahahahaha.

8. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

u lucky duck lol, im sure games would scream on that thing...i need to find something else to do :p congrats

9. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

Well done, congratulations, have fun and ENJOY!!!
    I know I still am!

10. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....great purchase! I've been tempted by the new 17" Powerbooks too, but decided to upgrade the desktop this year instead. Maybe next year for a new laptop. Enjoy yours.....oh yeah!

11. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

Congrats! I have the same specs on my 17" as you have.. (Got it 2 weeks ago) You will love it -> fast, awesome screen and very very sexy :D

Btw, UT2004 & WC3 runs very smooth with this specs (with high res and the textures and world details set to "high" :cool:

12. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Congrats. i have the same specs, except my screen is 15". lovin it. :cool: