Proud Owner New 13" MacBook Air!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iphonsteve4ajob, Aug 6, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2011
    Hello MacRumors!!!

This is my first post to the MacRumors forums. I just returned home and finished setting up my 13" MacBook Air. I've got a Core i5/128GB model. Uh...lets see. I see many members posting about ssd/lcd combos. I have Samsung for both. I know there are many posts here regarding the differences, imagined or not. I am just happy to have a MAC again!

My last laptop was a DELL 15" Core2 which could have doubled for a doorstop or heating system for a cold home. It was old, old, old, old. I still get shivers thinking of that system typing on the Air.

I swear, I didn't think I'd be this happy, but as each click of my brightly lit keyboard reinforces the quality of Apple engineering I cannot help the ear splitting grin that is eating my face.

My last Apple was a 17" iMac from 2003. OSX had just debuted and the swivel screen models had just come out. 800mhz processor. I was even pretty handy using os9?8?-whichever, since it was loaded on there for the "old skool" users.

But my I am BACK!!! I am looking forward to learning about my computer from the members of this forum. Now...back to playing with my comp.
  2. macrumors 68030

Jun 11, 2011
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2011
    Thank you!!
  4. macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2011
    34°55′42″N 80°44′41″W (34.
    Congrats on the MBA, its an awesome piece of kit. I find my 13" MBA is and order of magnitude more functional as a laptop then my 2009 15" MBP, I can imagine the leap it must be over the dell.
  5. macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2009
  6. macrumors member

Jul 29, 2011
    nice. i had a 15.4 in dell b4 too. it was gigantic. could probably fit about 4 macbook airs in it lol
  7. macrumors 68030

May 13, 2010
    No companies can match apple's hardware in laptops.

Dell XPS are still catching up to MBP.
  8. macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2010
    West of England
    Welcome to the club! :D

I'm a former PC/Windows/Ubuntu type of fella who's pretty new to OS X and my 2011 MBA 13" is my very first Mac. I'm supremely happy with it and it's good to see another happy owner/user too. :)
  9. thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 6, 2011
    Agreed. It's been 5 hrs and I'm still playing with mine. Though I have to admit, it is a bit frustrating getting everything from email to browsers to iphone sync set up from scratch again.

Enjoy your Air!
  10. macrumors newbie

Sep 21, 2010
    I used to only buy Sony Vaio SZ laptops for a long time.
    I have been using my MBA for 3 days now, I dont think I would ever buy Sony again. There is a huge quality difference.