PS 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Games' started by mislabeledstar, Jan 14, 2004.

1. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

I was wondering if it's possible to copy PS2 games on a mac and reburn it to disk to play on a PS2. If so, how, etc, etc

thanks

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i dont think it is, not with the hardware that comes stock like the dvd burners. you need to crack the ps2 discs and all that, its not really worth the time, unless you are going to start a bootleg empire, and in that case i want 10% of the profit hehe

3. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    i dont believe there is a Mac app (similar to VGS) that'll allow you to do that. If you really really really need to, then use VPC. I wont post how, but if you search the net, you'll find PC methods.

4. pexe macrumors newbie

well, besides having to copy the DVD's, u'd need to unlock ur ps2 using messiah3 or somethin else so it could play burnt cds and dvds..

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    go to malaysia, indonesia, philippines, or thailand, where you get bootlegged games for about 2 dollars a pop, you need to get ur playstation modified for about 100 dollars i think but yeah those games are cheap and tasteee...it didnt come from me i just know these things...

6. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

yeah, like two posters said before this, you'll need to modify your PS2.

i think it's the same mod used to override regional protection... i got a PSOne with a mod - i wanted to be able to play japanese games on it...

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

And you can get legal games for just a few dollars more. The legal stuff is all really cheap there because they need to compete with the pirates.