PS clipping my images?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coopdog, Jan 15, 2005.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Hello!

Whenever I try to print this one PS document it always says it it out of range of my printer and that it will be auto clipped.

My printer prints at max 600 dpi.

My document is 8.499 by 10.999 by 1200DPI.

The printer should be able to print 8.5 by 11" Do you think the reason it wants to clip the image is because it is 1200DPI and my printer is 600?

Thanks a lot!

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Hmm... The DPI shouldn't change the actual dimensions of the picture at all. Have you actually tried printing the picture, regardless of the warning? Perhaps it'll come out just fine. ;)

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

do you have something like bleeding turned on and full page printing turned on?

new canon printers, although will print full page have to be manually set in the software to print full page ... otherwise photoshop by default prints 8 x 10 on a 8.5 x 11 page

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I would guess this is because your printer can't actually print to the real edge of the page. Most printers have between a .125 and .25 inch border around the edge that is unprintable. The DPI will not affect your PS print dimensions- it only cares what your measurements are in inches.

Either reduce your dimensions or set it to print at 90% or so.

5. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Right. Because the printer cannot physically print at the end of that piece of paper probably. Or, if it can, you need to enable the "go to edge" printing option.

Most printers I've seen have a forced-border of .1" to .25" unless it is designed for borderless printing.