PS2 $100 trade-in for for PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Garand, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Garand macrumors member

On the way into work I heard a commerical for a gaming store (missed the name) that will provide a $100 credit on a complete PS2 gaming rig for the purchase of a PS3? Sounds like the PS3 is not moving very well - I am located NW of Chicago about 50 miles or so.

Anyone else here of this?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Yes, it was posted a couple of weeks back. It's not just a PS2, but 2 controllers and a memory card. EB Games are trying to rip people off.

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I beleive its gamestop/ebgames that is doing this. However they are also doing a $50 tradin for gamecube toward the purchase of a wii. I think they are just trying to keep people coming in and moving stock.

4. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I never really liked stores like EB Games, Game Stop and Rhino Games because the prices/deals/bargains are such rip offs.

5. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Its mostly the employees there that bug me more than anything.

6. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

they are just gonna turn around and sell all those PS2's as used for $100........(my two cents)

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Exactly. PS2 will resell for $100 and the controllers will be ~$25 each giving them a profit of at least $60 if the memory card is sold at ~$10.

8. stagecustom macrumors regular

I hate them. i once traded in 4 of my gamecube games for a matrix game :rolleyes: i was pissed... worst place for an impulsive kid with a bunch of games he's looking to practically give away to get something new... i guess i can laugh about it now. but i was so mad after i did that.

9. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

and if you jsut wanna sell your PS2(and not get a PS3), they only offer like $25-$30.
    Thats quite the price gouging if you ask me!
    (which is why I buy games new, rather than used for $5 less - giving the store 100% profit)

That money belongs to the DEVS!

10. darkwing macrumors 65816

I never looked at it that way. Of course, after making more than $10,000 on gamestop stock, I don't mind buying used games. ;)

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Trade in value on last gen games is prcatically nil here. €2-5 at the most

In fact a lot of the stores have stopped taking last gen games in at all.