PS2 modding/repair help?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sdashiki, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I was wondering if anyone here knew or was themselves a person who mods PS2s.

Ive been over to ps2scene.com and chatted there a bit, but everyone is swamped with PMs and work, so I figured why not try my luck here and possibly pass on some business.

Anyway, I got a Slim PS2. Boots up and turns on. Outputs video and basically "works". The laser OR the CD spinner make a noise like its stuck or trying to move where it shouldnt. Me thinks someone tried to do an dirty disc fix from eBay on it.

If you or someone you know fixes/mods PS2, drop me a line.

Why do I want a modded PS2? Cuz I like my original (pressed not burned) games too much to use them.

2. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

You might wanna consider selling it on the bay for parts or whatever and just buying a new one, possibly one of the bigger ones since I think they might be easier to mod, especially with the swap trick stuff, which is what I do since I have four little kids over here on a regular basis and teaching them how to swap discs makes me feel a lot better than going to the store once a week and buying a new game.

3. hellodon macrumors 6502

mm..hmmm....you can't even take proper care of the PS2 system...you want us to believe you're oh sooooo careful that you won't even PLAY your games? haha. Just say you want to play burned/bootlegged games. I mean..it's already quite obvious.

4. LBmacman macrumors member

I think its only illegal if you don't own your own original copy of the game. If he wants to play his backups in fear of damaging his originals, its fine.