PS3 a computer lol

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sorry for the title. but everything just came clear as to why Sony are banging on about the PS3 being a computer. they were trying to make it seem the PS2 was a computer so they could carry that torch on with the PS3. oh well. wonder if this finally means Sony will give it a bleedin rest over the whole confused identity of the PS3.

They were trying to cheat the taxman.

2. ScarletRed macrumors regular

ScarletRed

This sort of thing is nothing new in the corporate world. I am mildly amused, however, that SONY would resort to such futile tactic to recover a pennies. Someone would have had to be bloody gullible to believe their claim.

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

this is almost as lame as saddam hussein importing ps2's to build a super computer.

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I would have no problem if the cost difference came to the consumer, but with any company who are we kidding :rolleyes:

Good find though.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Are we surprised? Let's face it - the only reason they dropped Rumble is so they dont have to pay immersion technology - royalties.

Immersion funnily have announced they would be happy to put the rumble in the ps3 pad and it would not cause any problems with sony's movement sensor, after Sony claimed that was the reason for leaving it out :rolleyes:

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Actually, there was a ban on PS2's entering middle eastern countries as the chips could have controlled missiles.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I figured that out ages ago, I assumed everyone knew :eek: