PS3 Bluetooth Remote

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Oct 4, 2006.

1. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Here it is

[​IMG]

I quite like it. Except the Playstation 3 heading on top of the remote. That's just tacky...

2. macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

3. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its cool, buttons are tiny though..oh well I'll have to grow nails then.

Bless

4. macrumors Core

Dagless

5. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No IR or RF at all? wtf. So now I'll have to have a SECOND remote. This is why I got my ****ing Harmony remote, so I wouldn't have multiple remotes laying around my apartment.

Thanks Sony.

6. macrumors 68030

SamIchi

What year is it?

That thing is so bland and generic. Couldn't they throw in a curve here or there. Reminds me of the PS2 (which I also tought was the ungliest system ever created).

7. macrumors 68020

srobert

I loved the PS1's buttons. Very toe-friendly ^_^. I think the PS1 had a much nicer enclosure that the PS2. I wonder how much nicer it would have looked if made of a high quality glossy non-beige plastic.

I like bluetooth remotes. This way I don't have to keep the console in direct line of sight from where I'm sitting. I wish apple would come up with a bluetooth remote for the iTV so people can hide it behind their TV sets.

I admit it's a pain for those that planned to use universal remote. Does the PS3 have a IR sensor even though the remote is bluetooth?

Too many buttons for my taste.

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

It is a shame it's BT though, or at least without a BT/IR toggle switch on the side. I use a shareware app on my Pocket PC for a universal remote with every IR device in my house practically programmed into it. ah well.

9. MRU
    thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

we all know what would be the perfect DVD remote...

Wii_remote_0501.jpg

For shame then. for shame..... ;) :p :D

10. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well of course Sony would not allow uni remotes to work because they need to make the money across the board. I'll use my PSP as the remote:)

Did they give out the full spec of this remote..we might be jumping the gun.

Bless

11. macrumors P6

twoodcc

12. MRU

MRU

Well looking at PS3 specs over at sony, they dont actually list infared, so bluetooth seems to be it, especially considering the controllers are all blue tooth.

Here's a very interesting article (your all probably too lazy to read it all though so I'll highlight the good bits) ;) Especially since it's a lot of the questions we are asking ourselves too.

13. macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

That remote is ugly. I give credit to the X360 for having a nicer looking remote and even for allowing Harmony to make a remote that encompasses other appliances.

Boo Sony.

14. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Yeah, the Xbox 360 remote is sweet.

And the other nice thing about the 360 remote, is it works on a MCE PC.

I'm willing to bet the MCE remote will work on a 360 too.

15. macrumors Core

Dagless

360 controller is sweet? I trust your navigating using a guide dog or have reminder notes stuck to it? Really I congratulate Apple on a workable media centre controller that doesn't require more buttons than my Bluetooth NASA launch console.

16. MRU

MRU

Actually there are two 360 remotes.

The one that came free with the initial launch batch is a sweet little number.

The one that you have to buy is massive and cumbersome.

Apple remote is sweet (though so small it can be hard to find at times)...

17. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Nice article MRU, kinda long ;) I just got out of Econ class and my brain is mush so thanks for the bolding and underlining :D

TGS was kind of boring from Sony, and Krazy Ken was a snoozer (cept for the whole 20GB HDMI news :D). Maybe it was on purpose? Nintendo just kind spilled tehir beans and X06 was only a few days later so any news SOny would have had would be partially lost among the other consoles news. Maybe they will spill their beans in a lil bit when they can hog the spotlight? Besides, hype for this system is high no matter how much people blast it (the dude at Bestbuy said I was about the 20th person in the day that had asked about PS3 pre-orders) and so why talk now before they really need to? If they do some big show like the guy in the article states just before launch the PR meter swings over to them and everyone will be PS3 focused (in between playing GoW and FFXII mind you :D)

18. macrumors 68040

XNine

If there is no IR for the remote or on the console itself, if there is no Linux... Then it doesn't look like I'll be buying a PS3 until they make a Slim PS3. Even with MGS4. Sorry.

19. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

dude are you serious? No IR so no PS3? that is the strangest reason I have heard to not get a PS3

20. macrumors Core

Dagless

Hell has truly frozen over. You don't want a PS3 and I don't want a Wii.

I'm going to go click my heels together now.

21. macrumors 604

zap2

:eek:

So does this mean no new consoles or something to replace the PS3 you were once going to buy?m (Edit, you answered it in the next post, you have a 360)

This is news to me? Any reasons?

22. macrumors 68040

XNine

Yeah man, I didn't buy the best universal remote (that isn't touch-screen) to have two ****ing remotes laying around. That is pure BS. With my Harmony, I hit PLAY XBOX 360 and my TV turns to the right input, the xbox turns on and my A/V receiver turns on to the right input. Sure, it sounds like a really small deal to have two remotes, but when you've taken your DVR, TV, Xbox and 360, A/V Receiver and DVD remote into one single remote for a reason (and planend to have the PS3 on the remote as well), it's a big reason.

I'll have a 360, which I love, don't get me wrong. But at least the DVD remote for it was IR.

So unless there's a way to hook up an IR blaster or Harmony releases a IR/Bluetooth remote. No PS3 for a long time.

And Jimmi. No Wii? I guess hell really HAS frozen over with us, eh?

23. macrumors Core

Dagless

No Wii for me as Nintendo are ****ing us Brits around again. I can understand paying over the odds for a console, sure, we have a Queen to sustain with a cousin addicted to helicopers. But charging more for less? I've had it, frankly. I could import a Wii from America, but my UK games won't work on it. Region Free was going to make or break it for me. it broke it.
    I'll still be playing one. there will always be the living room's Wii for the family I suppose.

Back to the GBA...

24. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ and ^^

Satan is building a snow demon right now

25. macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

The wii-mote small about of buttons reminds me of the Apple Remote.:)