Ps3 Controller Issues. Help, Please.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shacklebolt, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

So, I have two Sixax....es. I've never really had occasion to use them both, but as of late, my controllers are giving me huge, huge issues. I can't seem to get two of them to work, wirelessly, at once.

That and, sometimes I get it so that only the directional arrows work, and none of the buttons work. I have no idea what's going on - none at all. I'm updating the system software now - if that doesn't happen, I'm *****ed.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I've heard of people having issues with their controllers not synching up. Make sure you are updating to the current FW revision, 1.54 i believe.

Plug them in via USB and force them to resynch (you have to do this with one controller when you run the update). If not *cringe* call Sony support.

Ed

3. darkwing macrumors 65816

I've never had an issue and I have two. You could try holding down the PS button and turning a controller off, if you can get that far with your problem. Maybe you just have a faulty bluetooth unit or something?

I've never heard of anyone having issues, Ed. Where'd you hear this?

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I heard it on the official PS forums, and over on AVS. I dont know anyone that has had the issue though, so i can't really help much.

Ed

5. Shacklebolt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shacklebolt

So.... the end of the story is...

Ummm.... the L2 button was stuck down. Somehow, this was throwing off the functioning of all of the controllers.

6. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

lol WHAAAAA? That's hella weird dude! :rolleyes: