PS3 fanboy summed it all up

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jul 11, 2006.

1. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

<sigh>

I hate all the agro-anti-PS3ism here on MR..
    but I have to agree with this kid.

4. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

HAHA! Wow, that was incredibly hilarious. I listened to it here at the library on their wireless internet, and probably pissed off everyone around me I was laughing so hard. :D :p

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Don't worry, I'm sure when it's finally released the naysayers will look at the games on their precious little console and drop their girating dildo controllers in favor of beauty. ;)

6. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

right. you mean like how I dropped my DS for PSP "quality" graphics? beauty? I think you should google "PS3" to see what the machine looks like :eek:

[​IMG]
    you do know it looks like that... right?

Or do you mean beautiful games? Like the ones my PC has been pulling out for quite a while now, a system that doesn't get the same look in as systems with weaker graphics?
    And games at £50 I doubt it. At that price I'll look at games on my system and smile at £30 a game. Yeah. I'd love to pay £50 for a game :)

8. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

We'll see. ;)

9. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I know what it looks like, and it looks just fine. The games will be beautiful too in full HiDef.

And no, I don't mean the games that need Windows to run. I abhore windows. I work on it every day. Or should I say, I work around it, kick my computer, throw my printer, and do a warcry every day. Then I go home to my Mac and everything is nice and sunny.

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

That was pretty funny, and painfully close to how many of us gamers are feeling about Sony and the hysterically disastrous roll-up to the PS3 launch. Sony must have a dozen feet, because it seems like every week, the other shoe drops and we hear more stupidity coming from our 'brilliant' Playstation overlords. They are either imploding before our eyes or setting us all up for some radical announcement (like a reasonable console launch price).

Back when the 360 launched I was determined to wait it out for the PS3. If there were even two games out for the 360 that interested me, I'd have bought one by now. As it is, I'll be getting a Wii:rolleyes: at launch and then picking up either a 360 or PS3 when the good games are thick and the prices are lower. If it weren't for Kojima and MGS4...

11. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

I think the agro-anti-PS3ism is pretty much widespread. Macrumors was PS3 land when it and the 360 were announced.

12. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

I like that. I like that a lot.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

14. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I think Nintendo is gonna win this round in this generation of consoles. The high prices of PS3 and the "Microsoft" of the 360 will allow the Wii to kick some serious butt. I'm lookin for a new gaming experience and hopefully Wii will fulfill that need. I don't need to be swooned by hi-def graphics. The games may look pretty on the PS3 and 360 but it's the same stuff. Move the joysticks and press some buttons and get carpal tunnel. Nintendo is giving us the chance to get off our @$$3$ and actually get in the game.

Being a NextGen console shouldn't mean better graphics but a better gaming experience. The graphics are just a bonus.

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

raggedjimmi is full of hate due to his boys getting sent home crying at the World Cup :p

I'm gonna get it from the hordes of Englishmen/women here on MR...

16. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

17. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Nah... three words will do it: Canadian. Football. Team.:D

18. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

eff off. How do you even know I like/care/watch football? I haven't seen a single game in this tournament. I didn't even know the world cup was on until the news said something about X footballer trying to fight Y footballer. but then they kissed and made up.

wmmk; It's been taken down :( it wasn't offensive or anything. hmm.

19. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

why do people keep on bugging jimmi about how we suck at football, no one has to me :confused:.

20. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Untill xbox gets grand turismo/final fantasy (which is never :cool: ) i will never switch from playstation to m$ btw the black design is cool looking. I'm looking foward to utilizing my HDMI in the tv with the ps3. :) blu ray movies can be played, the consol is cheaper than the dvd players! i sya its bargain. GT4 GT5 is gona kick so much ass.

21. Core Trio macrumors regular

Core Trio

The PS2 and PS1 were great consoles that have had amazing games on them over the years and incredible third party support. They werent the top console in both their generations for no reason folks...I dont see the PS3 being any different. It will sell, despite the price.

Oh and of course, Metal Gear Solid 4...enough said right there.:D

22. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

hmmmmm..... now i see it. i don't find it too amusing.

23. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

It will be interesting to see what happens when the system is released

My Predictions

-Sold out everywhere (due to high demand)
    -People will overlook the price since some people are downright crazy when it involves video games ...especially Playstation
    -You will find the system on eBay for the low low price of $2,300 USD

I'm not knocking the PS3 by any means -- Although the system will be very expensive and the games are $60 USD (just like the 360, I know), people will still buy it because it's "the hot thing to have."

What I'm more interested in is the results of the console war in 1 year or 2 years because I would be shocked if Sony doesn't remain on top (even if the price is so high)

just my opinion

FWIW I plan on passing on the PS3 at least until the high end version drops significantly in price...I own an Xbox 360 and plan on buying a Wii.