[PS3] Gran Turismo HD == IMPRESSIVE

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

So the first time I saw Gran Turismo HD it looked like a high resolution version of the PS2 game, which was pretty sad.

But now I've just watched the new HD Trailer and I have to say that it's extremely impressive!

Looks like they upgraded the graphics engine and all the graphics. You won't often here me exclaim over anything PS3, but that trailer seriously made me wonder if it was actual real footage or game footage for a brief moment.

This can only help Sony, funny it's just the same game with upgraded visuals though. Looks like Sony must have finally realized that's what sequels have been lately anyway, so why bother? Just give games a visual upgrade and be done with it! Most consumers wont care! :D

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

They've actually cancelled the full game and said it's just going to be a downloadable demo.

I imagine they want to work on the next numbered installment rather than a refresh of the current game.

3. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Ah, I missed that news.

Well that's kind of a bugger, because now I have no way of knowing if that video was actually realtime. I'll still assume it was, but with skepticism. :\

Anyway, I'm off to watch that new Halo 3 video! :D

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Too bad Sony is known for filling their demo videos with pre-rendered CGI. Killzone, anyone?

Microsoft, on the other hand, has that amazingly good Gears of War commercial filmed using only the in-game graphics engine, and the original Halo 3 teaser filmed using the in-game engine.

5. Doraemon macrumors 6502

The Halo 3 trailers looks fantastic, no doubt, but that doesn't mean that the next sequel to Gran Turismo is not going to look fantasic as well.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

7. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

I'm happy with Mario Kart DS :p

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm happy with F-Zero GX :p

... And Mario Kart

9. darkwing macrumors 65816

GTHD will be a series of downloadable games, with GT5 coming out at the end of 07 supposedly. This will be an entire new game.

10. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm happy with Burnout Revenge :p

(Which in my opinion is more fun then both Mario Kart and F-Zero GX; I love both of those games, but the more I play BR the more I realize how well made it is, F-Zero GX is fast, but not faster then BR, and BR has better modes and FAR superior track design.... truly awesome track design.)

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Actually, just caught the first 4 seconds of video footage and it did look very real. Once the advert had took a few minutes to load and the DP title graphic, I just couldn't be bothered waiting anymore. Looks nice, but it's still GT :( Now, they get Wipeout looking real or a non-sim game and I'd be happy.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Very very good in fairness. Let's hope they are acurate.

But even if/when I get a PS3, I wont be getting this.

1 - I dont like successive microtransaction games, where you have to buy part1,2,3,4,5 in order to get the game. They end up costing more than a full game. Lumines on Live really put an end to my micro-buying after being jipped.

They remind me of those crappy magazines that come out, buy part 1 for 1.99 and then each fortnight at 5.99. This is the video game equivalent.

2 - I really cant play this type of game, even Forza or PGR3. Just driving sims are not fun for me, I'll stick to mario kart or rallisport challenge & motortorm.

13. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I recently heard they intend to change this, as they gamer outcry has been big enough to get their attention. I'm waiting to see this actually happen, then maybe get Lumines :D

14. aholden12592 macrumors regular

i don't think it will be cancelled because the playstation owner was talking about how GT HD was gonna make the PS3

15. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

It does look good :eek:
    But (playing devil's advocate) I think Forza 2 looks equally good. :p

Either way you go...driving game fans are in for a treat :D

16. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I've only seen a couple promo videos for Forza 2, and they didn't really show enough for me to tell...

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

There is a GT demo coming out on December 24th. The thing is that it is only downloadable from the JPN PS3 Store. Create a sub account that says it lives in JPN to get access to the JPN store and DL it once its available. From what ive seen the screenshots are impressive, photo-realism at its best.

I have my main PSN in the US, and a Sub in JPN just for this reason.

Ed

18. aholden12592 macrumors regular

just a question - is the motorstorm demo free and will the GT HD demo be free?

19. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Yes and Yes

Motorstorm is 456mb, not sure how big GT is as i cant DL it until they post it on the 24th.

20. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Will GT HD be on the american Playstation Store? Im not worried because I have both a HK and USA account so I got both stores, Ridge Racer 7 demo, on my ps3. I ask the question because most don't have 2 accounts.

21. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i wonder if they'll make GT5 for PS2 as well? and what happened to GTMobile for PSP?

22. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

doubt it, and it's probably been secretly canned.

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm glad that they cancelled the game but as a download demo...the game does look top.

Bless

24. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Ign says January 2007 for the US demo...

25. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

"Well, you lucky PS3 owners, Sony listened. Even better, Sony and Polyphony Digital decided to give you your wish as Gran Turismo HD, the "Ultimate Driving Demo," will now be available for download in Japan and America. All you have to do is visit the PlayStation Store on the 24th to pick it up, and you'll be good to go. Just remember that it's a limited time offer, and that Japan will be getting it a couple of hours earlier than the US, since they're in the earlier timezone. " - PS3 QJ

Damn, and I made a Hong Kong account for noting. Oh well, atlease I got ridge race 7.