PS3 has best exclusives....

Discussion in 'Games' started by Coded-Dude, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

GamePro

.....go figure :rolleyes:
    Can we sticky this one too?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

And Ratchet and Clank is a sequel too.

4. Coded-Dude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

yes but PS3 is not ALL sequels.
    There are several HIGHLY anticipated titles that have never been done before.
    Naughty Dogs' Untitled (alleged Bermuda Triangle) Game
    Eight Days
    Lair
    Heavenly Sword
    I can go on for a while, but you get the point.

Wii's biggest system sellers this year will be Mario, Metroid, and Zelda.
    Don't get me wrong either, all will be great games, but many people want new IP's.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I don't want new IP's. So I'm in the other persons "many". I just find humour in the fact that they list all sequel exclusives for the PS3 then knock the Wii for having sequel exclusives. That's all.

The Wii has non-sequel exclusives also. Not that I care. Console vs. console debates are stupid. I'm not debating that. My intent was to point out the silliness of Gamepros claim.

6. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I don't really care about exclusives per se... but I'd say the biggest "exclusive" that the 360 has going for it is still Xbox Live (closely followed by Halo, which I personally dislike). Whether you like Microsoft in the general computer OS space or not, you have to admit they've crafted a very compelling online offering which neither of the other two consoles have been able to match. Between the quick matching, Xbox Live Arcade, and the downloadable demos, it's really great.

At the moment, I'm psyched about Assassin's Creed and Blue Dragon for the 360. I might pick up Tomb Raider: Legends—it's still quite a fun platformer. Connect360 on my Mac lets me stream all my iTunes music, which is quite cool as well.

Once the PS3 has a game by Fumito Ueda, I'll get it. I'll probably also check out some of the other titles mentioned, like FFXIII. Never been big on the MGS series.

I'm still out on the Wii. it looks interesting, certainly, but I'm going to need some more titles that really exploit its unique control scheme. Although, it would be a good investment for playing some Gamecube titles I missed out on (most significantly Tales of Symphonia).

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

This is about where I stand.

Unless Sega releases a new Shining Force strategy RPG, a new Panzer Dragoon RPG, or a new Skies of Arcadia game. They've effectively destroyed the last traces of prestige that the Phantasy Star license might have held.

8. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

A Killzone game equals blockbuster? Wow, puff puff give, I'd like to have some of what they're smoking.

MGS4, Final Fantasy XIII are system sellers depending on who you ask. Some people will buy a Ps3 for either of those games - many won't because of the price despite their desire to have those games.

The remaining ones mentioned - IMO not bad but not "must owns" either.

All of the consoles have strong points and weak points. If they think Killzone 2 will trump Halo 3 then they're retarded. I don't care how good Kz2 will be - the first one was a claimed "Halo killer" and it ended up being utter trash. GT5 is a racing game, probably another great racing game...and the 360 offers a similar racer in Forza 2.

Again I repeat...all of the consoles have strong points and weak points. Strong games and weak games. Picking one over the other in any regard is just childish and stupid.

God of War 3 will be a high profile Ps3 exclusive, why they chose to mention Killzone 2 (instead of God of War 3) I'll never know. If MGS4 goes multiplatform (as rumored) then they lose a huge exclusive and that would hurt a lot.

9. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I guess nobody but me is excited to see some of the new games that are coming for the Wii like Disaster Day of Crisis, Sadness, Project HAMMER, Camelot RPG (although this could be a Goldensun or Shining Force game), Red Steel 2 etc? The PS3 has more third party big franchises but they have just as much chance of disappointing as the ones I listed above because the expectations are higher for them. Too be honest, if the PS3 franchises are just reincarnations of their predicessors with better graphics, they will be a big yawn for me.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

These kind of articles are so much BS, because at the end of the day it's all subjective.

Personally I hate MGS games and couldnt give a flying hoot about MGS4.
    Killzone - :rolleyes: after the first how can anyone claim its one of the best exclusives.
    FinalFantasy and I dont get along.
    Gran Turismo - I hate for the same reasons I hate Forza and the rest.
    Ratchet & Clank, has been miked so much it's running on empty at this stage.

Now if they gave me a Primal 2 or a Ghosthunter 2, then I'd be happy.
    But those games. nothing but a big meh... for me.

11. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Seems an obviously biased and uninformed article, good ole GamePro.

They seem to taught only exclusives that are sequels (while hitting on Wii for that same reason)... and then talk about new IP on PS3 which is far less then on 360.

They are skipping the huge list of exclusive new IP on 360, not even mentioning games like Mass Effect, etc.

And listing Killzone? Wow, it had an awesome E3 CG movie, but the franchise itself is far from blockbuster and much more lackluster.

IMHO, biased, ignorant, and dumb.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Damn you got there before me :D

People who say there are no new games are just, at this stage I think it's deliberately silly.

PS3 best exclusives... hah. So they have Mario, Pokemon, Zelda... not much a "best exclusives" without the huge sellers!

6- Sony
    11- Nintendo
    3- PC

Interesting because the PC has been out longest, largest installed user base... no Xbox games? (oh yea, source was 2004 :eek: )

13. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

There's the Xbox. Though it doesn't include PC... Also, it splits some US and Japan numbers, so does it include Europe etc? Who knows. Brain Age surprised me.

edit: looking at the PC games figures on that same page, there are 5 PC games w/ 8 million plus sold:

The Sims (16 Mil)
    Diablo II (15 Mil)
    Starcraft + Broodwar (9.5 Mil)
    Half Life (8 Mil)
    WoW (8 Mil) (Doesn't include Expansion Pack, which is 2.4 Mil)

14. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Why don't they just come out and say it: "PS3 i$ teh b0mbz0rz!!!"
    Every one of the games listed are going to be prettier versions of the prior titles, that's it. Killzone???? whatever... Socom?? If you liked playing against people with scoped and silenced M60s that shoot explosives, sure!!!! GT5.... whoopeee.... And MGS4, no thanks. After the piece of trash that was Metal gear Solid 2, I gave up on the franchise. Their biggest trump card is JRPGs, not exactly my cup of tea. Besides, everyone knows that to work at gamepro, you have to get a Sony tattoo on your ass.;)

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Thanks Rocksaurus! I tried wikipedia but couldn't get anything, resorting to Google's first result.

How many of them are multiplatform games I wonder? Cutting them down to exclusives.

Plenty of exclusives there for Nintendo and Sony games in there. 1 xbox?

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Like when some people flippently deem a game an unworthy copy without investing time in it perhaps ? ;)

pot kettle black scenario. :p

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You mean Lair :confused:

Look at the videos for it, look at the screenshots. If you fail to see that it's Rogue Leader with dragons then I despair! Factor 5 are notorious for this. In the NES/Mario Bros days they made a game called the Great Giana Sisters!
    They make 1 game now - Rogue Squadron. Rogue Leader and Lair are merely upgrades to that.

Theres a huge lack of creativity going on at Factor 5 now. Which is a shame as they pretty much own the greatest game musician ever :eek:

18. d-fi macrumors member

Just as a disclaimer the last console i bought was a sega genesis so i'll try to be unbiased here.
    To be fair to the Xbox it's the new kid on the block and the playstation has only been around 1 generation longer then the xbox while nintendo has been around a LOT longer then either of them in game industry terms

now to cut your list down again to just the last and current generation of exclusive non-bundled games you'll see a slight difference.

i think that things are a bit more even this generation. Nintendo is just getting back in the game, Xbox is still the new kid, Playstation is hoping to leverage success on it's previous exclusives

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL.. Nah not just Lair there's a few titles you've dismissed in the past. I'm just jossing with you - got you thinking though ;) :D

Besides were all guilty of doing it at times :)

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Oh boy...reports like this just make you want to slap the author.
    I think Kill Zone will be a whole different thing this time around and it looks like they have a bigger budget to get things right..although I thought killzone was good enough.

MGS....The game is simply great. MGS2 was kind of a let down but the gameplay was still enjoyable so MGS4 will be welcomed. I'm not a big fan of SOCOM but the last one I played was good and the online stuff was right up there with the original xbox live games.

Please Please let their be a Primal 2, Mark Of Kri 3, SoTC2...these games are good although their fanbase is not as big as the other steller games. GoW3 should be another no brainer.

Bless

21. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Ha, Nintendo is a lot older than both of them put together, in any sub-industry. Nintendo's probably older than your great great grandfather :p Sept 23rd 1889...

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh definitely. Especially since the original Xbox did marginally better than the Gamecube. I've still got my Xbox, soon as I get a good s-video cable for it I'll probably start playing it again. It's just a shame there was no uber hitter games, ones that are undoubtedly good that sell in buckets. Still I suppose the bad ride gave birth to the 360 and it's ideology that "if somethings broke - fix it! via firmware update!". which is very very good.

23. Coded-Dude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Killzone PS3 is REAL, and in development. The budget is over $20 million, and 120 programmers are working on the game today.
    You can bet your arse it will be a system seller. I don't care how good or bad you think the PS2 version did.
    You guys know and love the Sony hype, and you know damn well they will use every bit of hype they can this time around.

btw - some third party reviewer originally titled Killzone the Halo-Killer(not Sony).
    While I think they are different types of FPS games, Sony is NOT going to be caught with their pants down this time.

So, I say laugh all you want at Killzone, but it will push hardware units and have much success in the mainstream gaming market.

24. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Don't people have to buy PS3's for those games to be guaranteed blockbusters?

25. Coded-Dude thread starter macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

360 has some "block-buster" titles in Japan, but look at their install base.......less than that of the PS3.