PS3 Internet browser?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MARFY, Dec 1, 2006.

1. MARFY macrumors newbie

Do you think the ps3 will have a browser? (lol i luv my psp's WWW browser, i used it to make this post!) Also, if u know for sure that there will be a WWW browser on the ps3, please tell me were u found out. thanks

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

if you install a PS3 linux distro you get a web browser :p not sure if it has a stand-alone browser out of the box like the Wii does though.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Isn't that one of its touted features?

"The PlayStation 3 uses a version of the NetFront browser by Access Co. as its internal web browser. It is the same browser used in the PSP (Sony-branded NetFront 2.81) with the same interface, menus and virtual keyboard. Its user agent string is cloaked, falsely reporting as Mozilla/5.0 (PLAYSTATION 3; 1.00)"

Didn't you guys see all those videos...? Anyway, actually the Wii does NOT come with a browser "out of the box", you have to download it from the VC store (it will be free for a limited time, but it's not available yet).

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yeah it has one but apparentlyit has some issues (like the PS3 as a whole). Does anyone else feel like the PS3 is like should be called "PS3.0 Beta version"? Seems like there are a lot of little issues that need to be worked out...:(

6. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Web browser works on youtube. Flash works and the only site that had a problem when I used it was Facebook. Then again, I go to system --> OS --> other OS and boot Fedora Core 5 and use firefox.

Any one know when the web browser channel for wii will come out?

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

you can use fedora core on it?!#$%:eek:

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

PS0.3 :D

9. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816