PS3 Launch Games Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Sep 24, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So heres a thread to discuss the launch titles for the PS3. What your considering, what you've changed your mind on. What videos you have seen that have blown you away or left you inconsolable etc.

It will save having to start a new thread everytime a game is mentioned.

and please 1 rule. NO 360 or Wiiis better nonsense. Lets keep these new threads strictly for their repspective console. HiJacking these threads will lead to complaints being filed and your posts erased.

2. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

Anyone have a list of the EXCLUSIVE PS3 titles for launch?? I'd really like to see what is going to be out, seems like most everything is going to be available on both the PS3 and the 360.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Motostorm & Warhawk

MOTOSTORM :-

Graphically this game really dissapointed me at E3, especially considering the videos of the E3 prior. However I'm glad to say looking at the new HD videos over at IGN this really has come together well BUT...

The game is SO SO SLOW :eek: Really, it's not a poor framerate or such, just a real lack of speed. You'd swear the game was in slow motion even though it isnt... This to me has totally written it off. A drving game with no speed is just moribund in my book.

Anyone else noticed this?

WARHAWK :- Another game that looked totaly uninspiring at E3 but again with latest screens and videos seems to be looking good. Almost Crimson Skies good.

This is one of the few launch exclusives I'd consider at this stage, alongside the mighty Resistance Fall of Man

Heres the launch lineup. RED BOLD are exclusives

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
    Call of Duty 3
    Fatal Inertia
    F.E.A.R.
    Fight Night: Round 3
    Full Auto 2: Battlelines
    Madden 07
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    MotorStorm
    NBA Live 07
    Need for Speed: Carbon
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Ridge Racer 7

Sonic the Hedgehog
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    Tony Hawk's Project 8
    Warhawk
    Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

So not a huge amount of exclusives at all. Take away the games that are on 360 & PC and your left with a very poor new ip showing really.

However in fairness those games that aren't exclusives include some really killer titles so it's not a bad launch overall at all.

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    The only one on that list that interests me is R:FoM. They had a show on SpikeTV last night where they were interviewing some of the guys from Insomniac and showing highlights of the game. Doesn't look like it's in WWII at all like was previously reported or thought. There will be vehicles that you can drive, and a pretty large arsenal as well.

The graphics are impressive. Though, I'm not sure if you can jump. I hate FPS where you cannot jump...

Since MGS4 is unfortunately not on that list, I'll really only be interested in one launch title.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I agree with Onizuka. RfoM looks very interesting. One on the radar for me. I love a good post-apoc game and the graphics remind me of Doom 3 but with the vast open-ness of Half Life 2.

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

if i'm able to get a PS3 at launch, then i'm going with what i always get.....madden 07 and nba live 07

7. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

IF RFOM gets glowing reviews and the 40 player online service works, and the HDMI 20gb model gets a small price cut to €450 - i'm gonna be ECSTATIC come March 07.

It will be interesting to see how those Multiformat games peform in Europe especially since at the stage of launch they will be 4-5 months after the 360 has had its versions and wii its' own.

Is LAIR actually a release title ?

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ Lair is for Spring 07 I think, on IGN/Eurogamer they excused some of it's rough spots because it wasnt due out for quite some time. So many you crazy Europeans will get it on your (overly delayed) launch

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ "LIAR" ;) :D

Clever of Sony, it means 'launch window' games that arrive 4 - 5 months after Japan & USA can still be called 'launch games' simply because they arrive for European launch. :D

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

*ahem* I don't know WHAT you mean? :D I didn't speel it wrong! Good thing I have 3 years of University under my belt eh?

Anyway! flOw is now a game I really want for PS3. Kind of sounds like snake (in ffact, on Eurogamer.net they say it is kidna like snake) but with really interesting visuals and odd sounding gameplay. Apparently it is coming out over the online section (XBLA style I suppose), if Sony can put out good originalgames over their online for a reasonable price as well as some ports then I would be very pleased :cool:

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

flOw

Oh its a marketplace game... I wondered why I hadnt seen it on the commercial list of retail games. I'll have to check that out on Eurogamer...

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

:eek: Spoil Sport... :D

Looks like a cross between geometry wards and electroplankton

[​IMG]

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

If they get the music/sfx just right it (and obviously the gameplay) this might do well for itself. Unique kinda games like Loco Roco and such always seem to find their little niche market.

oh yeah, I wanted to add Heavenly Sword to the list of games I'm lookin out for. The fighting looks pretty neat, sort of DMC like with the combos and all that. And after watching the teaser trailer with the king guy saying he wants her "WIPE[D] OUT!" the facial animation was really groovy, and the voice acting fit perfectly

15. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Has anyone heard if Tomb Raider Legends will be released on the PS3?

16. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

No offical word but its possible I guess. It depends how far into the new game development the team are (even though a sequel is yet to be announced, due to the massive sales and good reaction to Legends, a further sequel is a no brainer)...

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You guys do know that fl0w is out now as a Flash game as freeware, right? you should play it. It's really not that good, unless you're into Snake games I suppose.

18. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ nope I didnt but I do now ;)

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/black.html

Yeah take your point Jimmi. Where's the actual game and point. It's not at all like snake, that had levels and a challenge this is just float eat go bit faster and repeat... mmmm oh well it's off my list...

19. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I don't ever recall anything saying R:FoM was going to be a World War II shooter...

20. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Purchasing the PS3 at launch is not for me. I'm dying to play MGS4 and without that game available on the market I'm not buying a PS3. Plus, waiting a year might give me hope for a little tinsy price drop and maybe some added bonuses ie; rumble back into the controller. Now that would be ****ing sweet.

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Heavenly Sword is getting my attention everytime I see it..Its beautiful. RfoM is already on my list of games to get. Devil May Cry 4 looks just like DMC 1-3 with super graphics and I don't know about that yet..I need more beef.

Warhawk...yes please
    VF5...maybe

I'm very interesting in heavy rain and Afrika but we know nothing about them as yet.

Bless

22. P-S-3 macrumors member

Tekken 6

I wonder if Tekken 6 will be a launch title. There has been no info since E3 06, and usually Tekken has always been a launch title.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It wasn't a launch title on 1/3 of Sony's consoles.

24. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Doesnt seem to be officially confirmed as launch, so probably no for US & Japan, but maybe for Europe...

25. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

(from GamesTM) "WW2 + Aliens - Nazis = RFoM"

No Heavenly Sword, neither FFXIIIs, don't really care