PS3: Little Big Planet

Discussion in 'Games' started by e²Studios, Mar 7, 2007.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

2. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Yeesh :eek:
    Holy crap :D
    It's extremely rare to see a game that looks as impressive as a tech demo.

The texture work, polygons/physics, transform & lighting...all very impressive stuff.

I don't know if that's a Cell feat, an RSX feat, or both, but...wow.

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That games looks to be loads of fun. I'm assuming it's 4 players at once?

<]=)

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Yeah, it also looks to be a lot like Lost Vikings (in regards to cooperative multiplayer) and I'm assuming it will include online play in case you're not in the same room as 3 other players.

Very impressive stuff...wow. I would've never imagined them coming up with anything this neat looking this early.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I WANT IT! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!! and some cheesy poofs :D

Thanks for dropping the news on this one. This looks as refreshing as Loco did on the PSP and that was one of my favourite games.

Little Big Planet has become a must have title and just maybe 'THE' must have title of all :D

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I've already reserved the one copy they're releasing, so no one else be able to play it but ME!!! :p

Lost Vikings. Forgot about that game. :)

<]=)

7. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yeah, PS3 game trailers like this look fantastic, but have we yet seen any real games that look as good as their trailers? (I'm thinking maybe R:FOM, but that's nowhere near as good looking as say the Killzone 2 trailer from a while back).

But anyway, there are some AMAZING visuals and physics in there, and the game looks way fun to boot, quite in the style of Katamari or Locoroco.

8. -M7- macrumors member

Looks kinda cool. At least it's not part XVII of a franchise.

But what's the sense of the game? No enemies? We're all friends jumping over obstacles?

While I appreciate the fresh idea, I don't know where to put this one.

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Looks awesome. It's getting difficult for that $600 to stay in my bank.

10. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I want it now! That and PS Home. Now! Honestly that game looked absolutely boring at first, but as the video played it got better and better and better..... :D

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Games like this make me happy to have the PS3...I'm liking it...hope they bring out a demo.

Bless

12. pcypert macrumors 6502

Dang that game looks fun. I have no intention of buying a PS3, but hope I get a chance to play that someday. It's like Paper Mario meets Viva Pinata :) I got more excited watching that than the Mario Galaxy trailer. Four player Coop and inventive puzzles seems more fun than pointing at stars in space, but that's me. If it plays like it looks this will be a great game for the couple hundred thousand folks with PS3's :) jk there will be more by then...

Paul

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm going to my friend's place to play it when he gets it. It's a game I look forward to owning if it's every bit as good as it looks. I'll buy a PS3 for it, if I don't arleady have one. :)

I love coop group games. :)

<]=)

14. darkwing macrumors 65816

I always loved co-op games. My late best friend (God rest his soul) and I used to enjoy co-op games a lot because we were both too competitive to do anything else. We'd wind up hating each other and yeah. :p

I'm skeptical as to the making your own levels bit. This type of thing was executed very poorly in LocoRoco.

15. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Sorry to hear. :(

I've had plenty of ticked of moments, especialy during some of our lan parties. I like to grumble and gripe when I'm loosing.

I've never played LocoRoco, but if they allow the same level of control over LBB as Blizzard does with Warcraft 3, imagine the possibilities. But that probably won't happen. :)

<]=)

16. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

That games looks like it might finally push me off the fence and cause me to get a PS3.

17. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

This game look INCREDIBLE. Watching the HD footage from IGN makes me want it sooo bad. This game looks like TONS of fun. Looks like Sony made a good choice of including those SPUs. :D

18. blueion macrumors newbie

19. Agilus macrumors regular

Looks fun! If and when I get a PS3, I will have to add this to my list!