PS3 live coverage

Discussion in 'Games' started by greatm31, May 16, 2005.

1. greatm31 macrumors member

greatm31

Okay, I found a site purporting to give live coverage of the Sony press conference which starts in ONE HOUR (6 o'clock eastern time):

http://www.cgno.com/index.html

Anyone find any other sites? Let's all hope Sony announces Apple co-designed it, which of course won't hapen. Let's also hope Sony announces that PS3 games will be playable natively on Apple's new XStation! Or something. Erk. I know, the PS3 will be shaped like a gigantic apple made out of little iPods. No no no. Maybe.....maybe maybe the PS3 will come with a free bottle of liquor and will be made out of spare Mac Mini parts.

Gosh it must be hard being a Sony exec. Cause I'm all out of ideas.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Nice!

Wonder if G4TechTV will be airing anything...(runs upstairs to check TV schedule)

3. greatm31 thread starter macrumors member

greatm31

Actually, I'm pretty sure they will be. For better or worse, I don't have a TV so the site will have to do.

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

G4 will have live coverage of E3 starting at 4:00pm PST.

BTW, E3 marks a year since G4 aquired techtv, effectively destroying my favorite cable channel :(

5. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

hopefully we will all hear AMAZING news within the next hour and a half or so, i dont know how many times i am going to be reloading that page

:)

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Already set to record :) But they have nothing on Sony's conference today. :(

:( :( :(
    They even cancelled the screen savers. The ONLY surviving TechTV show is XPlay... :(

Why did they buy it just to cancel everything?

7. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Well look at it this way no we are forced to watch them over tech TV... :(

8. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

if sony's conference is today in like 5 minutes then why the hell would they be dumb and not air anything related to it, when thats what EVERYONE wants to hear and know about
    :confused:

9. greatm31 thread starter macrumors member

greatm31

The conference has started but nothing big is happening yet. They're taking pictures, which is awesome. Oy I'm excited.

10. greatm31 thread starter macrumors member

greatm31

11. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

It just died for me any new news?

12. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Hmm we shall see...

13. superkatalog macrumors regular

Phil Harrison has just stated that there will be "an amazing surprise at the end of the show".

According to Hirai, PlayStation 3 (now confirmed as the official title, apparently) will feature dual HD outputs. The supplied controllers are wireless, as stated earlier and use Bluetooth as a connection. These last 24 hours on batteries. The PSP will be a major bonus for PS3 owners. You can have remote access to your PS3 from your PSP, and you can even use a Wi-Fi connection within PS3 to use your PSP as a controller for a PS3 game. PlayStation 3 also features a "built-in network cap".

Currently, a realtime demo of the Unreal 3 engine is being shown, running from a PS3.

The nVidia-powered graphics are twice as powerful as a GeForce 6800 Ultra.

PlayStation 3's hardware has gotten a little more detailed. The main CELL processor included will run at 3.2GHz, and feature 7 SPEs. The nVidia GPU will run at 700MHz, and there will be a 256MB XDR RAM stick included with the PS3, running at 3.2GHz. PS3 will have robust multimedia support, including: video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, digital audio and video playback.

It's just been confirmed that the PS3 will have a detachable hard drive, six USB ports, a memory stick slot, and seven bluetooth wireless controllers.

Kaz Hirai has taken the stage, beginning his speech with "190 million PS2s sold. 2 billion software sales" Hirai then began speaking about PlayStation 3... It features the CELL processor as previously reported, and also features a Blu-Ray Disk drive, running at 6x. Backwards compatibility with both PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games has also just been confirmed. Hirai also stated that PlayStation 3 runs at twice the speed of Xbox 360. The PlayStation 3 console is capable of reaching 10 Terraflops of processing information.

Hideo Kojima has been spotted at the event- Is this a sign of things to come?

The conference has just started.

With Microsoft's Xbox 360 console already unveiled to the public, it's time for Sony to counterattack with their upcoming PlayStation 3.