PS3 Motor Storm & Rainbow Six Vegas : bits & pieces

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Oct 16, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Firstly

Motor Storm. An interesting and incisive interview and preview adorns this months industry respected Edge magazine.

Developer :-
    The game is also fixed at 30 FPS to try and have a smooth gaming experience.

Seem's we'll be waiting a while before proper 60 FPS in next gen titles finally materialises, PS3 or 360

He also add's an interesting bit on BluRay

However it's lead programmer comments that are far more interesting below...

This might explain the big claims weve been hearing from Sony and some developers about size. There is simply every version in every language and hence every audio track, movie etc... all crammed onto there. A good usage of space for publishers, as it saves them having to manufacture more than 1 blu-ray disc - but they are not technically using the entire disc for the 1 game like the claims weve been hearing from others...

So as we all suspected PS3 games will generally be no real bigger in size than Xbox 360 in reality.

----

Next Rainbow Six Vegas.

2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Motorstorm is really the only exclusive for the PS3 that I am interested in- that, and maybe Warhawk. Motorstorm just looks very, very cool to me. Granted, I'm not going to get a PS3 anyways.... but I just really like that game. :)

3. takao macrumors 68040

takao

yeah it's i guess the only remotely interesting ps3 exclusive coming out soon

(sorry but resistance with it's "ww2 shooter with evil aliens who just happen to be islamic terrorists and by some weird mistake also nazis" story is simply too much for me ... yeah i made that up after "aliens" but i wouldn't be surprised...

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

its first gen games, did everyone expect all the Sony hype to be true right away? Give the devs more time...

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Did anyone ever expect Sony's hype to come true?

I didn't, though the PS3 certainly looks interesting and now that I have a job I might try to pick one up. I'll be grabbing more games for the X360, sure, but maybe an exclusive or two (like RFoM and MGS4) I'll grab for the PS3.