PS3 Online: Some Details according to Eurogamer

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Oct 13, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68677

I'm skeptical yet cautiously optimisitic that Sony might be able to pull a decent online service off...

If it is truly "free" to play against friends and such I will be quite happy. $70 (cdn) a year for XBL isn't that bad, but over the ~6 years I will have the system thats ~$420 providing the pricing stays the same.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The fact that developers still seemingly know little about it - is what bothers me. Especially as were only a month from launch....

3. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Great article. Thanks for the link! Can't wait to see if the PS3 online experience delivers...

5. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Interesting article but I concur with MRU in that with game developers having so little knowledge about brings up the question as to how serious they are about it.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

^ echoed for the second time. They said they were embracing online with the PS2, which just ended up being a disjointed and feeble service and of course you have the regular levels of Sony BS. If they even managed to get close to Xbox Live I'd be impressed.

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I think Sony has to be very serious about making a quality online service. XBL is a big asset to the Xbox and I know a few people who bought 360's simply because they loved being able to play everyone on it. Personally I don't like online gaming BUT i do love the marketplace for demos and videos and such so I hope that Sorny (lol the Simpsons rocks) can get their sh** together :cool:

8. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Actually the PSP has very good online access. I surf the web occasionally using it... But why no external keyboard!!! :eek:

9. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ problem I have the PSP is that it alwasy says "memory full" when i try to load some sites :mad:

And hopefully PS3 will be able to use BT keyboards :D

IGNUK has a short article of hands-on PS3 time.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738858p1.html

not really surprised about their controller thoughts, it does kind of seem like an afterthought.