PS3 Preorder on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Games' started by d_saum, Aug 18, 2005.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Hey has anyone seen this??? I dont think this is the final price, but if it was I would be AMAZED. This would totally squash the Xbox 360.

2. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

iam at work, and the sites blocked :( .. how much is it??

3. tristan macrumors 6502a

4. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

I Cant see how that could be the price.. they havent even confirmed the release date being this year or nexted.. but who knows.. does it say when it gonna ship??

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This has happened at Amazon before. I can't remember if their price was accurate.

6. applekid macrumors 68020

I'm feeling it's just a placeholder. Sony said themselves the PS3 won't be cheap after all.

7. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

$299 would sell alot. One to me for sure! Some how I doubt it, however.

8. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

Not a chance. There is no way it will release at that. If so, Microsoft could just buy them all and bankrupt Sony since they would be taking an almost 50% loss. And even if it is a sony "leaked price" wouldn't suprise me one bit. before they lauched the PS2, at my old company they told our distributor that a $199 launch price was probable. It's bogus.

9. crachoar macrumors 6502a

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

what is up with that, microsoft announces the xbox 360 will be $299 and people complain it costs too much, then sony announce the exact same price and people are all over it, i have never got sony fanboys.......

also the xbox 360 will probably have a price drop before the PS3 launches.

11. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

No, Microsoft announced the XBox 360 will be $399, and some worthless version of it will be $299.

12. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Ha they block sites at you job.
    Seriously thats kinda not cool

13. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Has anyone herd about the possibility that the PS3 will not be launched untill 2007 :eek: something about them being able to sell the PS2 and 99$ and still make a profit and other such weirdness.

14. Cfly macrumors regular

its launching in like march 2006 most likely

15. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Yea, I didn't put much stock in that until I heard it on XPlay last night. I presume they (XPlay) at least try to verify these rumors via their "insider knowledge" but 2007 seems awfully unlikely.

16. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

It's not about being "cool," it's about performance. Your job doesn't pay you to surf MacRumors and read up on the latest console news.

Or maybye they do…. :D

17. hpzine macrumors member

after seeing the slimed down verson of the Ps2 i was impressed with the super small size i thought they would do something like this with the ps3 but guess not i think im gonna but the xbox 360 rather than the ps3 though

18. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I think whoever at Amazon made this listing was simply being overzealous and jumping the gun.

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

So what is it doing on Amazon? Isn't 7 months a little early even for pre-orders? :confused:

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

by that logic the PS3 is worthless too, no HD, no headset (not sure about the wireless controller but who is) i dont even bother trying to spout all the PS3 is twice as fast ********, it's ust as invalid as xbox 360 fanboys saying the xbox 360 is three times as fast as it has three 3.2GHz cpu's compared to the PS3's one

as an example the cells APU's are like advanced VMX units (altivec) and altivec boots the floating point performence more than four fold but real world performance only go's up two fold in the most altivec optimized situations (video encoding) and just adding 8 of the things wont make it 2^8 times faster.

all in all their is more to the picture than mere flot rateings and which company you like more or which console comes out last, they are pretty evenly matched.

21. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

go to google translate and translate from turkish to english on sites, that gets around every filter i have ever seen been blocked by.

22. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

It is DEFINATELY not #299. Sony themselves said it would not be priced for the average consumer.

I was putting down some more cash on my 360 yesterday, by the way, and the guy working there said that his rep told him it would be $399 to $499. I took that with a grain of salt, but I have always figured the PS3 would come in at around $500+.

23. Rovias macrumors member

You don't hide your Sony fanboyism very well.

The "worthless" version you describe is simply the console with a controller for $299. Sony first released the PS2 for the exact same price, with only a controller, for $299. In all probability, the PS3 will include the console and a controller, with no other bells and whistles, for more than $299. If your logic were true, no console would be worth buying.

So...bearing in mind that the "worthless" version of the 360 still plays games, and considering that's all most people need it to do...I think I'd rather pay the $299 for a 360, or even a Nintendo Revolution, than the $300+ price tag the PS3 is likely to carry.

24. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

No thanks.

I'd rather keep my soul.

I'd have to trade my soul to Ken Kuturagi to get it. lol. Hmm... soul... PS3... soul... PS3... decisions decisions.

:D

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Even penny arcade calls it worthless...it's not a fanboy thing.

The "worthless" version of the 360 lacks backwards compatability (no hard drive = no old games), has slower loading times (no caching), AND the dinky memory card costs $40 (almost half the cost of just getting the better system).