[PS3] PSM demos decade old "PS3 controller" with motion/tilt and rumble...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Now if they only had a sensor for people who stick their tongue out of their mouth when they play games of this ilk... to shoot missles or something.

3. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

Wait, you mean I can't trust what Sony says about their game systems? :eek:

I heard that the PS3 is so powerful that SETI is totally abandoning their distributed network in favor of two PS3's.

The cell processor has counted to infinity, twice. And the cell processor can divide by zero!

Seriously though, I am amazed as Sony's situation gets worse and worse everyday. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Aparently they called the processor 'the cell' because that's where the majority of lieing decietful bastards in sony's marketing & gaming division deserve to be behind.. :D

5. regre7 macrumors 6502

In my opinion, anyone/anything can divide by zero. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm in HS, no math major) but I think it's one of the simplest problems. The answer will be null, no solution. Unless you divide zero by zero. I believe that solution would be all numbers.

Yes it was off-topic, but I'm bored.

6. maxi macrumors regular

It may seem simple, but wait until you take a couple of calculus courses and then you'll see ;)

Bottom line is no, you cannot divide by zero. There's no solution for the problem per se... you get into something called the limit in which you begin to tackle things as if you were following a line and look how the function looks at the proximity of the singularity. what ****s you up is that sometimes a function can look one way when you come from one side and a different way when you get from the other side!!! (try to use the graphing calculator to graph 1/x and see what happens arount the zero)

Math is fun :)

7. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

Calculus was nice...it was fun seeing the infinity limits where it gets closer and closer and closer to zero, but never actually getting there. Math is fun.

8. maxi macrumors regular

Yeah :)

And then when you got to complex calculus, the infinite turns out to be a single point in a riemmans (sp?) sphere.. WTF was that? hahaha :confused:

9. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

welll in that case we should all admit sony's PS3 is flawless, and the point of this videe is usesless:rolleyes:

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yes, it was...

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

That's about where my maths capabilities stop too...

13. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Exactly the point I was trying to make. All I'm saying is that the title is inaccurate, no agenda.

14. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

getting back on topic... i was under the impression that the ps3 lacked vibration due to a legal issue rather than a technological one. as it turned out sony violated patents filed by Immersion Corporation. sony being mr nice guy again. well they lost (maybe justice isn't just for the rich) and now i'm sure they would rather leave out the vibration and stop paying royalties. they probably couldn't steal any decent battery technologies either so the ommision will help there.

15. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

What's up Contradiction City!!!

That guy is full of crap. Don't tell us you're playing a PS3 game using a PS3 controller when in fact you're using a 7 year old controller (that is better than the PS3 controller apparently 'cuz of the rumble feature) playing a 7 year old game.

16. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I took the mention of "decade" from the article, I did not actually verify his information, just posted it.

The point I believe, is that Sony had actually commented that they couldn't do Rumble AND Tilt/Motion because the rumble interfered with the tilt sensing, this article was just dispelling that fiction.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

18. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just how anyone would lie....maybe they don't like it....got beef

Bless

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I mean did they honestly think nobody would find out about other gryo/vibe controllers on the market? Especially on their own brands! It's just... it's just really silly.

21. mkaake macrumors 65816

and you completely missed the point of the segment. I think we can all figure out that 1999 wasn't 10 years ago, and that a PS1 game isn't a PS3 game. The point was to contradict (obviously) false statements from Sony that the PS3 doesn't have rumble because of technical hurdles to having tilt and rumble in one controller. We all know it's crap, and this was a Sony fanboy calling them on their crap. The only reason it's not there is because of the lawsuit, and their desire to not pay royalties (I don't blame them)... but they can't just say that, they make up a B.S. reason that doesn't hold water.

<edit>

And that people try to defend them confuses me even more... it's just a company, far from perfect.

22. kineticpast macrumors member

Hmmm, I think you need to turn your speaker's volume up or possibly visit your local doctor for an ear checkup. ;)

No where in the video did he say he was playing a PS3 game with a PS3 controller, nor did he say the game was seven years old, since it is clearly eleven years old.

23. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

this is why i don't believe a word that sony says, ever.