PS3 SCEE Employee Sacked over Blog!

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Mar 27, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

A Sony Employee has been dismissed for posting an article on his blog commenting on the PS3 development situation. Josh Robinson, a 3D artist with SCEE, compared the machine's abilites to the 360's saying that, "The consistent comment I am hearing from people is the Xbox 360 is better". He was also concerned about the growing fustration surrounding the console. "Where is the box? Where is the final system? When is it coming out? No one knoews and people are starting to get just a little salty".

Josh has defended his right to publish the article claiming that it did not breach is 'NDA'

We all knew from Hideo Kojima's comments that the PS3 wasn't going to be anything more powerful than the Xbox 360. But this does explain the lack of development pictures and gameplay footage from PS3 launch titles.

Basically if your expecting somthing radically different to the 360 powerwise, be prepared to be dissapointed.

Region free gaming, Blu-Ray and linux may offset some of that disappointment admittedly.

Have developers even recieved final development kit's yet? They are cutting it close to the curtain, much like Microsoft did, rolling out there final development systems.

I Just hope they really can release in 3 territories, but I would still place money on the European release being pushed back to 2007.

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Honestly, I'm not too worried about the abilities, powerwise of the console. Anyone who has half a brain knows that to take full advantage of what the consoles offer will take a couple of years at the very least, it's always been that way. The 360 and PS3 may have the same abilities powerwise, but game titles that are exclusive to each console are what I support both for.

3. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Ouch. That's rough stuff for the Ps3 outlook. Honestly, I think that if the PS3 is be shipped in the US & Japan by November, it'll have a ton of bugs/issues.
    I remember seeing the PS3 video from last E3 and they were claiming it was in game footage, but the lack of footage and quote from this guy are starting to lower my expectations.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Check the new GDC videos and impressions.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697658p1.html

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm not worried about it...i never really thought it was more powerful than the xbox but i'm ready for it to come.

Bless

6. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Power means little to me :)
    Region free gaming has a little snag on me though. I hope that Nintendo follow suite (at least play any region Gamecube game, so I can run TP in 480p) and leave MS in the cold. as the GB, GBA and DS have proved, region free is the way to go. especially if you travel and import. Cheers Sony.

8. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

ok...this is like 2 months old. It's irrelivent.

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Mostly impressions, actually, though there's a few videos in between. Sony didn't allow cameras in the conference.

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

How does the blog being 2 months old effect the opinions of this guy from SCEE? has the hardware radically changed in 2 months?

I'm getting a PS3 regardless, even without the BluRay or Linux... For the games that will undoubtedly be exclusives, much the same as I will 100% buy the Revolution.

My point about the Article, taken out of this months GAMEStm magazine is just to show how much dissent is present-within it's own development community.

I thought the article was interesting, whilst we all know that the machine is not going to be the powerhouse that sony has led us to believe, I still think Joe Gullible still believes those e3 videos of last year is what they are going to be playing on the ps3...

They are still showing pre-rendered stuff as impressions of what ps3 game-play will be like. That's just Sony not wanting to lay it's cards clearly on the table. We all remember the hyperbole that came with the ps2 emotion engine...... I'm just hoping E3 has some playable games, even if they are at an early stage. If they don't then my suspicions about the machine are going to be exacerbated.

11. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

ah yes the emotion engine, 50 million polygons, right......

the emotion engine does work, whenever i play on a ps2 it reminds me of my dreamcast and i cry.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

haha!

Seriously though. I shed a little tear at the end of Ocarina of Time. The beautiful bittersweet ending to Links Awakening also got to me too, whenever I play the Windfish's tune on my piano I somehow feel bad for that world that vanished. Emotion? Emotion can be done on anything, if done right. People get emotional over books and that's just plain text.
    Though it is typical Sony to say "NO! you do NOT get emotional when looking at anything OTHER than OUR EMOTION ENGINE!"

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^It's called smooth talking the people in seeing it your way(good marketing)...all companies do it...BSing the market. The Big N always get us with this plan...hence the DS lite...and it works.

Only 2 games ever made me feel what was going on....its silent hill 2 and shadow of the co...

Bless