PS3 shocking pricing

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You're going to need a loan! Get saving those pennies! You'll need them.

Attached Files:

2. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

Hehe, i suppose they put the ps3 name in the advertising to get a lot of hits. The ps3 won't cost much more than an xbox 360 (if it will actually cost more...) otherwise people won't buy it.
    Those articles about the ps3 costing up to 900$ to manufacture are just there to build up the hype.

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Sorry, but I really do not understand what is the point of showing nothing of importance in your attachment. :confused: :confused:

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

The google ad was offering a loan to help you buy a PS3. You don't think there's a point to include it as backup to the original statement.

B

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's a tongue in cheek thread about an advert telling you to get a loan to buy a PS3 :rolleyes: It's not serious. read. it's not serious.

6. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Duh. I mean, come on. Who takes out a loan just to buy a video game system? Yeah, probably they'll bundle it so much that it'll cost you $3000 just to get it on launch day, and you'll have to buy a bunch of $60 Blu-ray coasters like PS3 versions of Table Tennis and Tetris, but still...

:D

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

arent those just PHP script or something and just add/delete words you searched for?

8. emaja macrumors 68000

You'd be surprised how many PS2s are rented at places like Rent-a-Center and other rent-to-own places. They end up costing you a ton that way.

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Rent to own is a huge scam.

its credit cards for those without credit.

i.e. stupid people who cant control their money but MUST HAVE THE LATEST AND GREATEST!

Only in America.

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

It definitely is a scam because they make the most money from late fees. They want their customers to be late.

But I would disagree regarding the "stupid people" comment, ignorant perhaps but not necessarily stupid. I think the credit system here in the USA is a bit messed up, having No Credit is often worse then having bad credit, and without credit it is very hard to get credit. So many people end up having no credit at all, so they go to a place like a rental company and then get screwed over by them... ending up with bad credit.

I'm still sitting here with "no credit" and definitely avoid the places though... so at least I'm yet to become a 'stupid person' ;)

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

i mean stupid like this:

no credit, no real amount of money in the bank, living paycheck to paycheck.

person REALLY wants a plasma TV.

goes to RentWay and gets one for (pulled outta my butt) $50/week.

he keeps it until he cant afford it anymore.

now he has NO tv and even more debt than before.

when he could have saved a few weeks worth of Plasma TV money and gotten a decetn CRT.

thats stupid, buying/renting (not an apartment, cmon thats not the same) what you cant afford.

12. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Sure, that's definitely true. But not everything in those places is as over the top. But in general, I agree.

13. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

of course not, you can get an ottoman and a coffee table.

but alas, I ask these people who "shop" rentways, why not BUY your OWN table and ottoman?

"Cuz they wont be new and bling bling" - random customer

14. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Because its imperative they have that ottoman now! ;)

15. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

As for the PS3's price.... everything is speculation, it *could* cost $1,000 even $5,000. Sure that is wildly unlikely but that fact is we won't know until... well... we do. Currently we don't.

The people I know that are sold on a PS3 are sold on a PS3, regardless of the cost. So if it did come out for $500, they'd still buy it. :p

16. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

It aint that hard to get good credit. You can get a credit card and pay your monthly bills on time. You can rent an apartment and not miss any months. You can get a cell phone in your name. cable, internet in your name. It all adds up. I've never gone out of my way to "build my credit", and although I don't know what my credit score is, I've never been denied for anything and I have a credit card with a very low APR and a very high credit limit. I'm only 2 1/2 years out of college and I've never made more than 30k/year.

Yeah, rental places are rip-offs and are geared towards suckers. That's the way the corporate world works though: you rip off the people who are too ignorant to know better or who have no place else to turn. It's no wonder they stay ignorant.

17. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well then perhaps its because of where I live (not a large city). I've rented apartments, even houses, and never built any credit even though I never missed. I have a cell phone but they won't let me even PAY with a credit card or debit card because, since I don't have any credit, I'm under a different "credit class". I have cable internet, still no credit.

I hear what you are saying but somehow after years of being on my own and being diligent about my payments my credit report still says I have no credit (not good, not bad... just none). I've even tried to get a credit card a couple times and was turned down because of lack of credit history. I could do a secured credit card but honestly I don't feel the need.

Again, perhaps it's because I'm mostly in nowhereville... **sigh**

18. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

Gas cards can establish and build credit. Retail cards can establish and build credit. Both are easier to be approved for.