[PS3] US Launch Line up

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, Oct 20, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

so here it is with exclusive titles in bold:

- Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft)
    - Call of Duty 3 (Activision)
    - EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 (EA)
    - F.E.A.R. (Vivendi)
    - Full Auto 2 Battlelines (Sega)
    - Genji: Days of the Blade (Sony)
    - Madden NFL 07 (EA)
    - Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
    - Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai)
    - NBA 07 (2K Sports)
    - NBA 2K7 (2K Sports)
    - Need for Speed Carbon (EA)
    - NHL 2K7 (EA)
    - Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony)
    - Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai)
    - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
    - The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Bethesda)
    - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (EA)
    - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (EA)
    - Tony Hawk's Project 8 (Acivision)
    - Untold Legends Dark Kingdom (Sony)

edit: and the controller will be 49$ with non-changeable rechargeable -> rechargeable dies -> time for new controller

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Full Auto 2 (should be 1.5) is dubious as an exclusive, seeing as though its basically the exact same game as Full Auto on the 360, albeit with a couple of deathmatch arena's thrown into it. Other than that - identical.

Of those only 1 stands out and smacks you in the face as a must purchase (well for me anyway) and that's Resistance.

But the big question - what happened to Motor Storm & Warhawk ?

3. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

really ? i haven't found it to be a "must have title" .. it might end up as the "perfect dark zero" of the ps3 launch
    (in other news the developer clarified that it will be a 720p title .... so much for "true hd")
    personally the only game would be perhaps rainbow six which would interest me... or perhaps Genji .. but i haven't seen anything from that

EU launch i guess ... at least for motor storm

well they better improve lair as well since with the latest videos that took a nose dive ... seriously it starts to look more and more like rouge squadron without star wars license (heck even the music reminds one of SW)

4. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

You serious???? :eek:

5. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

6. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

Lots of average-good games but no killer applications. An OK launch in my opinion.
    If i could get a PS3 at launch (i would if i wasn't living in Europe), i would probably skip the launch games and spend my money later on to buy Motorstorm.

About the controller: i'm not worried about the non-replaceable battery, i'm sure it will last easily 3-4 years, which is the average life of a controller before it starts to come apart by itself anyway.
    And i'm sure there will be a lot of third party batteries that you will be able to install in place of the old one in the same way you can replace by yourself the battery of an iPod.

7. wako macrumors 65816

that launch line up is weak...

atleast the wii has Zelda..

If only KillZone 2 would come out, I would buy the PS3 on launch date.

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    And that's about all it has.

This is a decent lineup. Considering there was what? 7 titles at 360 launch? I can't think of many, but I bought 4 of them (NHL, COD2, PGR3,PDZ)

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

wow Sony is pulling an Apple...

not a huge concern to me, if it lasts 3 years or so I will be happy. $50 isn't too bad for a controller and it can always become a wired one for when friends are over.. they don't get wireless freedom ;)

10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

None of those games interest me. Weakest Launch Evar :p

11. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'm also not hrilled by the Launch title line up but I'm more of a RPG/Tactic fan. These games usually tend to make their apparition a few months after a console launch. I'll get my hands on a the sweet PS3 core as soon as the first RPGs start appearing. (Thanks Sony for fixing the core system) Hopefully, it will be easier to get a PS3 by the time there are some games I like on the shelves.

I was also not interested by the the 360's launch titles but the good stuff is starting too come up. I loved Oblivion and can't wait to play PSU (Only a few days left).

I was thrilled at first by the Wii launch titles but 2 out of the 3 games I really wanted have been delayed (MPC, DQS).

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

:rolleyes: You should just stop and do an "aboutface" with that comment. The line up is good for a launch and will get better in the PS3 year.

Bless

13. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Well, it isn't a horrible price (50$) when you compare it to what is being pushed out there right now... Nintendo wants 40$ (60$ if you want a nunchuck) for theirs, and MS wants 50$ as well. If you want a charge/play cable and a battery pack from MS, you need to pay out an extra 10$ to boot... so no, it isn't a horrible price if the battery lasts about as long as controllers do (which for me is about 3 years).

14. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yes. 3 years would be a decent life-span. I'm more worried about the charge life shortening with time and having to recharge it more and more often. Also, I will probably have to buy a spare controller instead of a spare battery.

15. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Well, it depends on your game play. 30 hours is about in line with the 360's battery pack, and I actually only need to recharge that every few weeks (but I only tend to play at most 10 hours a week, most of that on the weekends, sometimes less if work is in the way, or we feel like heading out somewhere for the weekend).

16. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yeah. I think I got a little lazy with my 360 controllers'. I simply let the battery die out then snap in an always ready replacement form my charger. :D I never use those cables for charging.

17. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Well, I tried just slapping the Plug-n-Play cables into my iMac, which was never sleeping (server)... but it didn't work. I kinda hope that Sony's controllers will let me do crazy stuff like slap them into a powered hub that just sits somewhere to charge them.

18. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I love how people bash the games available that they haven't seen or that they aren't interested in.

I think there are several games that I would love to play and own.

There is nothing about Zelda or Mario Brothers that makes me want to buy them.

It all has to do with with preference.....the majority of gamers will love this line up, and the Wii lovers/PS3 haters will think that this game line up is "weak"

19. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Don't forget, Talladega Nights (Blu-Ray) will be bundled with the PS3!

Add that movie to the launch list. ;)

20. hellodon macrumors 6502

I'm not a hater....and I really think that's a pretty weak lineup. Mostly games that are already available on other platforms. There's nothing exclusive that would draw me into the system unless I was a die hard Ridge Racer fan...but any time I've played those games they were fun for about an hour.

I was expecting a solid list....and honestly, at this point, though I thought about keeping it, I am definitely going to sell my preordered ps3 because there is nothing that I would want that I can't get for my 360.

21. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

What about resistance? That looks kinda killer-app-ish.

22. hellodon macrumors 6502

Yeah Resistance looks kind of cool, but I am SOOO burnt out on 1st person shooters. I'm going to grab Gears of War because I like the horror aspect, but wars and futuristic wars etc...it's just really getting played out..you know? Especially on 360, that's like, all I have to choose from these days. I just downloaded Mortal Kombat 3 just to stray away for a moment. haha.

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That how it normally how it works...more good games come out after the launch :D

For me, theres not much that makes me want a PS3, also there still is not much on the 360 that I want. Not to say they have bad games, it just nothing that I want...to much of more of the same of types of games I never really liked.

Have to say R:FoM looks good

24. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

in fairness to sony

Why are people kicking off about that lineup. I said there was only 1 title for me, as I have a 360, but if I didn't theres some amazingly great games there.

Resistance looks like it could be a AAA game
    Rainbow 6 Vegas is certainly a AAA game
    Oblvion is a stunning AAA game
    COD3 I'm sure will be killer too
    Fignt Night Round 3 - is an amazing sports title
    FEAR is a AAA pc title, so i'm sure will be amazing on console

Full Auto 2 looks fun (I have full auto and really like it)
    Madden NFL 07 - will sell by the bucket load and people love it
    The same for TigerWoods. And then theres thet next gen version of another AAA series Tony Hawks : Project 8

Which leaves

- Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Ubisoft)
    - Genji: Days of the Blade (Sony)
    - Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Activision)
    - Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire (Namco Bandai)
    - NBA 07 (2K Sports)
    - NBA 2K7 (2K Sports)
    - Need for Speed Carbon (EA)
    - NHL 2K7 (EA)
    - Ridge Racer 7 (Namco Bandai)
    - Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
    - Untold Legends Dark Kingdom (Sony)

And none of them look terrible.

Personally I think thats a very good line up.

When it gets to Europe you can add Lair, Warhawk & Motor Storm to that and got an even better launch.

25. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I will buy a PS3 (price cut or no) when there's a Fumito Ueda game for it (of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus fame). Sony WILL get $600 from me if they release a game from his team before they cut the PS3's price. His work is worth buying a system for. Until then... not so much.