PS3 v2.0 Update!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by fiercetiger224, May 13, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Source

I got news from someone on IGN's boards. Sounds really exciting! This is definitely a step in the right direction! Looks like they're gearing up for Home. BUT...All this hasn't been confirmed yet...Although the news is from "presscenter.playstation.com". The link is only for registered users apparently...I'm not one of those members.:rolleyes: Sounds legit enough to me though! :D

2. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

It's about time some of these things were added. It still doesn't bring PSN even with XBL (not even close) but it's a step in the right direction.

3. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Shouldn't this already ya know... be there? Or am I reading it wrong?

4. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is what I'm talking about....hope this allow us to tx whiles playing ingame...A step in the right direction indeed.

Bless

5. macrumors 601

gloss

I'm glad they're continuing to improve the console, but honestly, this stuff should have been down pat at launch.

6. macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

They've made just as many improvements to the dashboard as well. Thats the beauty of firmware. Sony focused on their hardware as they knew it would be easier to update/change the software later(instead of the hardware).

Anywho, the XMB in-game is excellent, this should allow in-game communication as well as access to Hard Drive data that may be used in-game. Home characters, custom music, the ability to upload user created videos, etc. I can imagine that a lot of First party titles have been taking these features into consideration, and may as well have delayed waiting on them. Though I wonder when third party games will start to fully utilize these new PSN features.

My biggest anticipation is the Audio/Video Editor!
    Record in-game video, add music, and upload to friends!!!!

7. macrumors 601

gloss

My biggest anticipation is audio/video streaming. If a 360 can stream music and movies from my home computer, my PS3 should too.