PS3/Wii Demo Displays?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Sep 4, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

http://www.spong.com/news/p/l/playstatio216214l.jpg

the PS3 one is kinda odd, and the screen it up too high and the Wii's tv looks totally out of place! the white Samsung LCD would have worked better but alas.

dunno if these are real or not, just stumbled across it.

*waits for everyone to totally trash the PS3 kiosk*

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The Wii display is pretty nice... very simple, very clean. I am actually considering getting a Wii now... esp. if the price point comes in low.

The PS3's display is hampered by the fact that the PS3 looks rather like a George Foreman grill.

But I agree... why do they always put the TVs up so high? It's ergonomically bad... also that might serve as a means to get people to only play the demo for so long before their necks start hurting.

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

The PS3 display is really ugly and cheap looking. The Wii display is really sleek and simple looking. The Wii could use a larger display though.

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Maybe so if there is a big crowd around the machine you can still see the gameplay without trying to look around peoples heads.

or

Maybe they don't want people putting their dirty greasy fingers all over that expensive monitor :D

5. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I think they should have laid the PS3 on its side inside but I supposed some dude what a marketing degree and a 10$ haircut knows more than I.

The wii doesnt have the analog stick attachment by the looks of it, I thought almost every game used it?

6. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Or to make the poor suckers behind who never get to the front feel slightly better cuz at least they got to see the game, if not play it?

7. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I think it's being called the nun-chuck attachment and no, not every game uses it (e.g. Wii Sports, Excite Truck, etc.)

Daniel.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

wii is elegant. nice to see they are dispalying on lcd - too (considering its sd output)

the ps3 ?? Looks uncomfortable, but does anyone actually pay attention to these anyway?

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

When Nintendo does their Fusion Tours or whatever they call them, they had these vans set up (in my case at the mall. And mounted on the vans LCDs and 1 giant plasm screen. And I remember Smash Bros. on GC playing on the plasma and the graphics looks so unbelievable. I didn't think it could like crisp and stunning. They had Metroid 2 playing on 17 LCD's but those looking a little blurry and not so impressive.

From that photo of the Wii setup, it looks like there's a tiny little LCD screen above the main one?

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Both of them look like crap but I like the PS3 display better.

Bless

11. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

The PS3 one really does look like absolute crap.

Daniel.

12. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I'm just glad neither of them use those stupid stiff plastic holders for the controllers. I don't like crouching while I play. :mad:

13. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i think you hit the nail on the head, people will probably line up to ply it (seeing as it seems most people can't afford one/wont pay for one) so it makes it easier for to crowd to see how much the dudes playing suck ;)

14. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Why i oughta........make you buy the wii concole!

15. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i think he is gonna buy one anyway....

16. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

What do you like more about it? I don't really have a favorite, but I would like to know what you found more attractive/functional with the PS3's display...

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

PS3 one looks horrible. Reminds me of the current PS2 ones where you have to crane your neck to see the slanted-downwards screen.

The ones at Wal-Mart are the worst- they lock the controllers in place, at a height designed for children. I have to bend over to reach the controller, then crane my neck up to see the screen. Ah, the disadvantages to being over six feet...

But oh well, at least Sony made the controllers wired and not locked in place.

18. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

yea, but do remember, those controllers have accelerometers in them. :cool:

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think the Wii one looks simplistic. which coincides with the systems stance in the industry.

The PS3 seems to follow its stance too. An overcomplicated "WTF" sort of thing. I think the PSP has a better one than that, with the big blue obelisk style monstrosity with the PSP in a plastic ball. you can look, but you can't touch.

Though I totally agree it has nothing to do with anything. It's the detached look of the PS3's that make it look like some Matrix plug in machine or something.

20. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Hey, as long as they both work and don't overheat in all the stores, cough 360 cough, then I'll be happy. I want to see how the Wii one works though. I bet they will get a lot of broken ones due to the physical nature of the system. The DS displays at most stores are scratched to BITS. I can see it now, controller wires torn right out of the system.

21. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

wtf are you talking about? the ps3 has a bigger plastic bubble and its turned the other way, thats the only difference between the two. oh.. and the location of the tv :p

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The Wii- it consists of 2 colours. white and blue. it has a straight back, a platform for the console and a diagonal shooting leg for the platform. TV at eye level. straight lines= simple

The PS3- has a curved back, a curved front, curved everything and the TV is much higher, with the TV pointing down it shows it's higher than most people so you'll be looking up. unless you have to kneel down to play? the PS3 stand also has leaflet storage. curves= complex. oh and a grill, because making things look industrial is teh c00lness.

they're very much different.

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yes I like the display better because its bigger and wider....is that a problem?...like I said...both of the setup looks stupid.

Bless

24. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I really hate the kiosks at Target. They use the crappiest LCDs that make the games look like crap.