Ps3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Amjad, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Amjad macrumors newbie

I'm really interested in PS3. I'll buy it and I want to buy macbook also. After buying ps3, I'll not have enought money to buy HDTV. I'm student so I can't buy HDTV. I heard I can connect PS3 with my CRT monitor. I monitor max res is 1280 x 1024. I'm confessed whether it can display 720p or not ? This my question... I want to utilise PS3 power..

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hmm, I think it will display 720p yes. though you will get noticeable widescreen bars, or a stretched image (depending on monitors). it's pretty much the same boat I'm in. I'm not bothered with 360 or PS3 but my 1680*1050 monitor will be able to display 720p too. 1080p will cut off sides of the image, 15 pixels vertically ~150 pixels horizontally.

3. Core Trio macrumors regular

Core Trio

what exactly do you need in order to connect a console to an LCD? Id like to pick up a slim PS2 for my dorm and hook it up to my monitor in order to save space and have a higher resolution (is the ps2 even capable of anything over normal tv res?)

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm pretty sure that they are talking about using the DVI port on the PS3 to hook it up to the monitor.

5. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

no and it looks way worse on a nice computer monitor

6. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Why not just wait for the PS3s price to go down. Sony says that the PS3 will last 10 years, in which time i am sure the PS3s price will get under $200.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Sony say a lot of things, haven't you heard? The price may not even drop, Sony have spoken out about upgrades and BTO systems, meaning that CPU speeds in the PS3 will constantly rise, forever keeping the system price high.

It also needs to be very lucky to last the first few years, every other machine over £300 died in its first couple of years through low sales. hmm.

8. sk1985 macrumors regular

By a system life of ten years I'm sure it's kind of how the PS1 lived on during the PS2's life. Just like the PS2 will live on during the PS3's life. Basically it will become Sony's secondary console for budget titles.

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The PSOne lasted ten years too. The PS2 came out halfway through those ten years, then nobody cared about the PSOne anymore.

10. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Just curious, but why are you interested in the PS3? For what it is reported to cost, you can get a Microsoft and Nintendo System....I can only see getting a PS3 for Square titles or if there is some exclusives I'm not aware of. As a student, I would think that the cost of a PS3, some games, and an HD display would be a pretty big deterent...If there is a good reason for the PS3 then I might consider getting one but at the moment an Xbox 360 and/or a Wii look to be good options. If the Wii is only $200 at launch, it is intriguing if it offers enough third-party titles... (Mario games are great but I'll admit that they over use that franchise).

11. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Who really gives a **** why he wants one? He wants one. So let him want one.

12. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Because I am curious...Who asked you anyway? This is the first thread I have seen saying someone wanted a PS3 and I want to know why...If there is a good reason then I may want one too...

If you don't really give a **** then why do you bother posting?

Edit: Someone in another thread about this gen of console just posted a good reason. The PS3 will be about the same price as the Xbox 360 after you have to buy all of the Xbox accessories. This is a good point and makes me think the PS3 is worth consideration. This is the kind of constructive response I was interested in but unfortunately, there are people like Onizuka who post abrasive replies in threads because they have a prejudice against certain platforms like Nintendo. The last time I saw this kind of platform bigotry I was in a PC forum...

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well dude we all are not nintendo fannys...some of us enjoy the PS1,2 and will be getting the 3...I too will be getting one...which everyone should know...I too enjoy sony consoles

Bless

14. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I'm not married to Nintendo by any means. I have a PS1 and PS2 but I do like to hear what the advantages are for each system. So far, most of the posts I have read on this site (among others) don't have alot good to say about the PS3. I have played tons of PSP but definately enjoy my new DS Lite better. The Wii looks great (especially for the money) but I might get a HD TV for the living room and moving my ED plasma to the bedroom next year (assuming I can afford one) and might want either a 360 or PS3 for the better graphics. I probably shouldn't have stated the disadvantages of the PS3 that I have seen so far in this thread but I wanted someone to give me a reason to want a PS3...

15. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'll get the PS3 after I get me a 360 and a Wii, because hopefully by then they will have dropped in price.

I cant really justify dropping 600 dollars on a game console, no matter what the hell it does.

Hell, thats more than I paid for my entire computer. >_>

16. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

You sould talk...by the looks of your first post you are against the PS3, asking the the guy why he would even want one. Maybe your prejudice against Playstation....

17. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Um did you just read my last post? I just said I have 2 Sony systems...Also, I didn't say anything bad about the PS3 other than it looks like it will be overpriced which you can see in any other thread on any other forum about the PS3. Even most of the developers and game review sites have articles stating this.

I was asking him why he wanted one because truly want to know why someone would choose one from the information we have right now. I didn't say why would anyone want one. I said why does he want one. There is a big difference. If he is majorly into Metal Gear or Final Fantasy I can understand that. Personally, I love Final Fantasy but I can't justify the pricetag that has been quoted for this machine for this one franchise. Everything I have seen on most of the gaming sites I go to point to the PS3 being a hard sell for its features/price. If there is something that will make it worth purchasing I want to know as I might want one. The original poster said that he wanted one, I just asked why. You act like I shot the Pope or something...

Also, you will notice that every thread on any forum mentioning the PS3 also mentions you will be able to buy both of the other consoles for the same price.

I was intentionally rude in my response to Onizuka's post because he was rude in the first place and had no reason for jumping in other than to start ****.