PS7 Cannot Open Any Image Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skunk, Oct 17, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Since a couple of days ago, I have been unable to open any .jpg or .psd in PS7. I have reinstalled PS7, on my Intel iMac and my PPC Cube, and all I get is the same message:

Attached Files:

2. abrooks macrumors 6502a

Does the Console give you any indication of what is wrong?

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Sorry not to answer earlier, but I've just had to spend an hour with the World's Smallest Allen Key™ disassembling, cleaning, drying and reassembling my brand-new BT keyboard, the unwilling recipient of half a cup of hot coffee this morning. Now it's all back together, I can report that the problem, as I suspected, was QT 7.1.3. With Pacifist and some difficulty I have uninstalled 7.1.3 and reinstalled 7.0.4. Everything is now hunky-dory. QT 7.1.3 obviously has some unresolved issues.

4. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

How did QT7.1.3 prevent you from opening Photoshop files? Just curious, is all.

5. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I have absolutely no idea, except that it seems to worm its way into just about every media format at some point. I picked up on it from reading Apple Discussions. All I know is that as soon as I had downgraded it, PS 7 could open all the files again.