PSA (From the lifeguards of America)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chaos86, Mar 16, 2006.

1. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Ok, so I'm standing here in the foyer of my school's Rec center, dripping chloriney water onto the tile floor (and getting rude looks from the cleaning staff). Why? Because some guy decided it would be fun to 'play dead' as we lifeguards call it. Here's the PSA: If you really want to lie face down in the water and just float (I know, it's fun), especially if you're hard of hearing like this guy, put a hand out to the side with a thumbs up or OK sign or something. Otherwise your arms will suddenly be pulled forward to brace your neck because the lifeguard thinks you have a spinal injury.
    On a side note, last month a lifeguard and pool management company in Florida was sued because the lifeguard didn't respond to someone 'playing dead' face up, because "people float like that all the time". The victim's spinal cord was severed when his son jumped on him, and when the lifeguard didn't respond, the man suffered hyperthermia and shock.
    Swimmers of America, stop 'playing dead'!!!

If you don't want to read all that here's my PSA again: If you really want to lie face down in the water and just float (I know, it's fun), especially if you're hard of hearing like this guy, put a hand out to the side with a thumbs up or OK sign or something.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

well i was thinking about Prostate Specific Antigen

3. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

umm, ok.

sorry about this thread, im dry now and not so pissed off.

4. fuzzwud macrumors regular

i was thinking PDA - Public Display of Affection ...;)

5. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i worked as a lifeguard all last summer, and i had to put up wiht people playing dead all the time. it gets so freakin' annoying!!!

i also had to put up with the likes of dirty, dirty chavs. i have released torrents of anger and stress onto these people, they do my nut!!!

S

6. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Public Signs of Affection?
    Public Supply of Affection??
    Plenty of Supply of Affection?
    :)

7. chaos86 thread starter macrumors 65816

chaos86

were you ever dumb enough to rescue them like me?