PSN - flOw and RR7 demo now online.

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Feb 23, 2007.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just a heads up. Both are available to download.

RR7 demo is a bit crappy (but then I dont like RR)

But flOw is actually fairly enjoyable and works really well with the sixaxis controller.

At $7.99 (€6) for the full game it's priced well too.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yayy!! I'm hitting the market as I type this....good stuff.
    oooh pretty:)

Bless

3. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

those demos and such take my ps3 FOREVER to download.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah mine too. I usually just leave it on and walk away for a couple of hours.

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I usually just play the Wii while I'm waiting. A couple games of bowling or a training session.:)

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

Does the Wii let you download stuff while you play games? I think it's crazy and stupid that you can't play while downloading on the PS3. Supposedly this is a "feature" to be added in the big firmware upgrade we've all been promised for March.

7. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

two comments...

those demos and such take my ps3 FOREVER to download.

this happened to me also... i ended up changing the channel on
    my wireless router and the downloads went from 4 hours to
    40 minutes...

Does the Wii let you download stuff while you play games?

nope... whats funny is that xbox 360 was the first system to
    market and you would think that ps3 and wii wouldve learned
    from m$ that background downloads are a necessary feature.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

it better, i got used to it with my 360 now it feels like such a chore when you can't use the system because its downloading....

and does anyone else think that the store should be integrated into the XMB? Like it opens up a subfolder in it and the description and stuff of the game pops up like game demos do. That would be more slick than opening up some slow ass ugly web page, to me anyway :D

9. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

No, it does not. However, I was able to download Super Mario World in about 15 seconds, while a 70MB PSN dl takes 5-6 minutes or so. I can dl that size file on my Mac in a good bit under 2 minutes. It's not the network.

10. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i really hate the psn store vs. the 360 marketplace... the wii's isnt
    much better either...

11. applekid macrumors 68020

Is flOw even worth that price? It is an online Flash game free for anybody interested. It's an okay game. Interesting concept, but it feels like there could be more to the game than in its current state. Was anything added to the PS3 version?

Maybe you can play it on a Wii since it is a Flash game? (not at a Wii right now, so I guess I can't try... :D)

For anybody willing to try it or just want to play it on the computer:
    http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I hear it's much more fleshed out. Not to mention that it looks absolutely stunning.

13. darkwing macrumors 65816

I know after playing a while on the PS3 version, you can be a different character. Not sure if the flash one does that. The tilt is ok, but I'm not into motion sensing control. I wish I could use the analog sticks. A two stick use like katamari would be fun!

The PS3 version has 1080p and looks beautiful in it, let me tell you. They advertise 5.1 sound but I haven't heard anything out the backs yet.

14. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I can bet that this has a lot to do with server load. I would venture to bet that PS3 servers have more load than the Wii servers on average. Wireless is blah too, it took me a little to download that lame poll channel. Connections vary by location and installation of wifi methods too i would assume.

Ed

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah, very definitely. The PS3 software is far larger than the equivilant Wii VC software. You're talking a megabyte or so for an SNES game as opposed to a few hundred for some of the PS3 stuff. Bandwidth is definitely going to be scarce.

16. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

True, but when it takes me almost half a day to download the Resistance demo compared to a few hours for stuff of equivalent size on the Xbox… something's messed up.

17. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Xbox had growing and launch pains, I expect the same from PSN. Rome wasn't built in a day :p

18. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

True. That is, unless you're playing Sim City. :p

Could just be that a lot of people are constantly stressing the bandwidth or that Microsoft has a lot more because XBL is far larger then PSN and they need it.

19. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

When that question was posed to the devs, they simply replied.
    Its like the difference between a student film, and a full featured movie......

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Give them a few updates before they get it right...I think in the next few updates we'll see some changes.

Bless

21. darkwing macrumors 65816

I wish there was a way to turn off the motion sensing in fl0w. The more I play with motion sensing the more I don't like it. :(

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I really like the game...its cool and the music of lack of is nice. I'm having problems with the motion sensing thing though...starting to get to me but this game is beautiful.

Bless

23. darkwing macrumors 65816

I can't believe some people would have you believe motion sensing, a decades old technology, is "new and innovative" gameplay. I would give fl0w a 100% rating if only I could use the stupid analog stick. And the sad part is, the motion sensing works flawlessly on the game. It's quite intuitive. It just gets old, and fast.

24. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

much like the wii for the most part too. I'm starting to wish most of the wii games could work the old fashioned way with an analogue stick.

The only game on it that has made me appreciate the controller is Wii Sports and I guess to a lesser extent WarioWare. But the rest, would work better as 'games' if they used the old fashioned controls.

25. darkwing macrumors 65816

Yes I'm starting to hear things like this more often, too. I wonder if Nintendo shot themselves in the foot. Hopefully developers will start releasing games that support both modes of play. That'll be cool. I really wanted to get a Wii for SSBB but if I have to swing the remote around to play it (as my only option) I probably will just skip the platform altogether.