PSP 2.0 goes white

Discussion in 'Games' started by 7on, Jul 21, 2005.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I'm sorry, but i just don't like the white look. It says the new firmware version is going to available wednesday in Japan, what about in the US? do we have to wait until sept. 15th to download it?

3. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I tend to agree with some of the comments on that page. It seems it would take a lot more than a new color to make PSPs sell well. (If that is indeed the problem)

4. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

About time for that web browser !!!! so i wonder if it will be software update ready for the US PSP as well on the 27th ?

i doubt it

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Yes, that article is devoid of any info on a US release of v2.0 and that web browser. Using Wipeout is fine for grins, but it'd be nice to have something more official to use.

The white PSP? Fugly. I like my black one just fine, tyvm.

6. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

i would rather have a black psp, but the white doesn't look that bad. i could see this selling just as well.

7. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

I'm actuallly liking the look of it. When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to look terrible, but I like the way they've kept it "clean". Still, I won't make my mmind up until I've got both a white and a black PSP in front of me, and once the decision is made, out comes Mr. Visa......

8. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Looks OK, but I prefer the black. I think that v2.0 will be a bigger deal than a new color...

9. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Yeah, I prefer the black. But this is good news for people with iMac, iBook.

10. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

2.0 firmware - score!
    white finish - ewwwwww!

someone might like it though. Looks like there'll be some good updates in the new firmware, looking forward to it

11. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

"It's white, like your iPod! Everyone loves the iPod! Buy one now! . . . . . . . . please?"

Time to go play Bomberman DS with a bunch of friends.

12. WeeShoo macrumors regular

Yin & Yang ;)

only some smart people will know what im talking about.

13. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Most people "know" yin & yang now. At least, they've seen the symbol and have a rough idea of the idea of opposites (though there's much more to yin and yang than that). Sorry, but more than just "some smart people" will get what you mean.

14. friarbayliff macrumors regular

I think this just gives people a new reason to steal from people they see walking around with white earbuds.

15. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

for those of you who dont like the white one im selling my black psp on ebay
    click here

16. noelister macrumors 6502

I wouldn't mind picking up a PSP. However, I am not sure how often I would use it. I had a Gameboy SP and played it twice. I know that the PSP is a much better device than the gameboy but I'm still unsure. Maybe a few fellow posters can talk me into it :D

17. noelister macrumors 6502

I am curious why you are selling it? I am kinda intersted in one, like my previous post shows.

18. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

i wouldnt care if it came in pink as long as the price came down... to get any real use out of it your gonna spend $250 for psp $49 for a game $100 for a gig mem stick ( for music :) ) and another $20 for a decent case... i wish they would drop down to $199 or even $149.. it wont happen though so i guess i can be happy with a $250 stylish white psp :(

19. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Translation:

"PSP isn't selling like we hoped it would, so we're trying to make it look like an iPod so you all will get confused and buy one by mistake."

20. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

I just thought about it a the psp is the same price as one of my car payments... it would proably sell better if it wasnt so damn expensive

21. friarbayliff macrumors regular

I agree. I would love to buy a PSP, but I can't get past the fact that they're so expensive. The price tag is theoretically inside of what I'd like to spend on something like that, but then I remember that I would probably spend upwards of $500 just getting the thing effectively tricked out with games and accessories. So no, I won't be buying a PSP anytime soon. :(

22. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

It wasn't the price tag of the PSP that is pushing me away from using my PSP. It's the price of the games. I don't think a game for a portable system should be over $30. I just can't justify paying $50 for a game anymore, for any system. I wish they would do something like Nintendo has done, and come out with some compilation discs that have several old games on them, and sell them for $20. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for the latest and greatest, sometimes a simple 2-button game is all I want to play.

23. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

$500 is about right to get a decent PSP set up. I think I am right around there now, and all I have it the system, 2 games, a 512mb card and a USB cable (plus tax for everything). And they are not holding their value on eBay either. I tried selling my whole setup and the highest bidder was $275.

24. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

how much are used one's going for on ebay? ( i would check but iam at work and ebay is blocked :D )

25. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i just never used it enough i played it a ton when i first got it but after i beat both games i just quit playing it and i was saving up for apple products so i dint want to spend any money on new games for it