PSP a Remote for the PS3..

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Jul 23, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

IGN Peep says: July 21, 2006 - If you took the time to attend Sony's PSP University at the San Diego Comic Con this morning here is the only news of note you missed.

Turns out the PSP will work as a remote for the PS3. According to the speaker it will have additional functionality and interactivity with Sony's next-gen PlayStation 3, but more details weren't revealed.
    Other info and bullet points you missed (not much news to anyone who has kept up):
    Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and Pursuit Force are "great games" and "great reasons to own a PSP."
    Ads for PSP Greatest Hits Collection which will be released on July 25.
    Clips from upcoming games like Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters, U.S. Navy S.E.A.L.S. Fireteam Bravo 2, and Gangs of London (all of which look pretty cool).
    Movie Trailers of movies coming to UMD format like Napoleon Dynamite and Office Space
    PSP's firmware update next Thursday will offer RSS Video feed support for its web browser (it already supports RSS audio feed)
    Thursday's firmware update will also have a demo of World Tour Soccer 2
    There are no plans to improve text entry on the PSP and no plans for a first-party keyboard
    Sony is in discussion with wireless providers to create more internet hotspots for your PSP to connect easily to the web
    Video out is something they know is important and are working on getting done
    Sony Connect is working on a way to provide downloadable movies (similar to the music they currently provide), but are held up trying to find a system to protect intellectual properties

If you stuck around through to the end of class Sony handed out 32MB Memory Sticks with demos and game trailers, too. Score!

Interesting indeed...can't wait to hear more about it.

Bless

2. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Oh yah...It already works for the new slim PS2 and the old PS2 with an IR reciever. You have to have version 1.5 firmware, and a handy remote application that takes advantage of the PSP's IR. It just has all the PS2's remote patterns programed in the app. I love going to walmart and turning off the PS2's while people play them! lol. They never know its me. If their playing a racing game, i mess with the steering. :)

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Wow...Cheers!

4. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

That is pretty cool. I guess I will have to wait until the price goes down though. I don't have a PSP either. Oh well, some day:)

5. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

Sounds sweet! I will def. update for World Tour Soccer demo. Thats awesome. I feel that my PSP and PS3 will really get along nicely.

6. bluedevil14 macrumors regular

bluedevil14

can you post the site? does it work with TV's as well?

7. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Or you could just buy mine for, say, $150, X2 battery included.

8. REDSRT4 macrumors regular

9. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thought this was interesting as well and I didn't want to start a new thread:

July 21, 2006 - Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SCE WWS), the software development arm of Sony Computer Entertainment Interactive, announced today the start of the Game Yarouze! Digital Meister project. The project is the Japanese form of Sony's worldwide E-Distribution Initiative, which was started in March as an attempt at finding game content suitable for network download.

Game Yarouze has been around since the days of the PlayStation as a means of encouraging independent development and finding new talent. But what makes this year's program special is that it is specifically aimed at finding content for the PlayStation 3. Sony is looking for small-scale downloadable titles or games that offer network play.

Sony will accept content in current running form, or proposals from groups or individuals deemed capable of producing a final product. Applications are being accepted exclusively via an online entry form.

Those who apply will see their proposals put through two phases of judgment. Those that pass the tests will have the remainder of development costs covered by SCE WWS Japan. The resulting title will be published by SCEI as an SCE WWS Japan Studio branded title.

The interested should check out the Japanese Game Yarouze website.

Bless

10. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

over rated piece of crap controls over priced piece of crap. w00t.

11. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Whatever you are smoking......please put it out...its frying cells.

Bless

12. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    WTF was the point of that? Why are people like you still alive?

13. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Because some people don't want to have to spend more money to get what they don't need. ;) It's very simple.

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

15. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

I do this, too. I find this is the best way to get someone to buy the Sony PS2, and not rival systems like the XBOX 360.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So the PS3 will also have a small games download service?
    and the handheld will also interact with it's console brethren?

17. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    The games download service has been known for quite sometime, even before the 360 launch. There was speculation about it integrating with the actual console though, so this finally relieves the rumor and makes it a fact. Pretty nifty, even though I have no desire to own a PSP.

18. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Haha.

19. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed....this has been in the works for sometime now. Since I am a PSP owner this interest me a lot.....just upped my PSP another notch.

Bless