PSP and Bannershop GIF Animator

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Euan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Euan macrumors regular

A brief explanation of my position... I have just moved from a lifetime of XP to OS X - my iMac arrived yesterday, I set it up last night, it connected online without any trouble, I moved my iTunes collection to my Mac and downloaded Firefox (but the icons appear on the desktop and not in the applications folder?)

I do some website design in my spare time and on my PC I used Paintshop Pro and Bannershop GIF Animator. What I know I have taught myself and I code all my sites - I don't use any WYSIWYG editors.

I am now looking for similar Mac alternatives. I don't want Photoshop or Fireworks - too expensive for my needs plus I don't have the time to learn them. I am really only creating simple images, banners, buttons, etc. I am not a student nor teacher so I pay the full price.

It maybe that those are my only 2 alternatives but I look forward to hearing about any alternatives anyone uses or has used in the past.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

2. Euan thread starter macrumors regular

I've come across Eazydraw, Gimp and Inkscape. Anyone got any views on these?