PSP Firmware 3.00....any PS3 owners tried it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by NewbieNerd, Nov 21, 2006.

1. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I've been so excited about this firmware update for the PS1 emulator, but it looks like rumors have been true that you need a PS3 for this. Anyone out there with both PS3 and PSP can verify?

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

We have both at home, I will update the PSP when I get home and see what happens. I have also read that Sony is not opening the Playstation Store until tommorrow, so there probably isn't much to try out unless we load our own videos and music on to the PS3.

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

"The big caveat, of course, is that you can only get these games right now by downloading them and then transferring them via your PlayStation 3 ... if you have a PlayStation 3."

http://psp.ign.com/articles/746/746999p1.html

4. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Problem is that the online store doesn't even HAVE any PS1 games yet in the US... that apparently isn't supposed to go live until tomorrow, hand-in-hand with the 3.0 firmware update. Looks like 3.0 got a quiet release Monday night anyways.

5. NewbieNerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Ah, well I guess we wait until tomorrow then! Hopefully some pictures will surface here or somewhere on the web shortly thereafter. It will be a couple of months probably before I get an PS3 and possibly longer for games of interest to me (FF7, FF9, and the like) show up in the store, so I guess I'll just have to wait. ;)

6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Update Website doesn't have it yet, and the PSP doesn't support my Encryption of my Wireless Access Point... Bah!

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

bugger. well there goes possibly the biggest reason of me (re)buying a PSP. I had a blast playing PSX games over the summer. ah well, no portable PSX for me. Have to stick with the real thing instead :)

8. wako macrumors 65816

I want to know, if i downloaded a PSX game, will it come with the CG videos. I really want to play FFVII on my PSP. But if it is just the game and I dont see any of the CG videos, then Ill just wait till they remake it, or Ill just buy a copy off of Ebay

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Okay, needing a PS3 to download the games suck...I was all ready to download RE but oh well..I'll have to wait until I get my hands on a PS3.

Bless

10. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

No idea... right now, the PS3 will only play the game from an original disc. The PSP will only play the game from the store download. To make things more interesting, the store isn't open until tomorrow.

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

hopefully sony gets their ass in gear and lets you download PSX games without a PS3, seriously, PSX emulator could save the PSP from falling further into nothingness.

12. NewbieNerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Alright, rumor has it that some games have finally been put on the Playstation Store on the PS3. Photos and/or experiences would be more than welcome. :)

13. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGH_PSVAmQ&mode=related&search=

Interesting video. Got some related one's to the right of it on the youtube site.

A thing I noticed , while the PSP is acting as the remote, the regular TV that is hooked up to the PS3 has phrase like "Your PS3 is being used by your PSP as a remote" (something of that matter) stuck on the screen all throughout the remote function. Burn-in anyone?

14. NewbieNerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Yeah, they could have done something a little more creative with the screen, but I personally would turn the TV off or at least to something else, so it wouldn't be that big a deal.

15. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

We have tried it at our house. Took a tiny bit to get them connected, once they were connnected, it was pretty straight forward. We had some videos on the PS3, but they wouldn't show on the PSP because they were HD movie trailers. There wasn't any music or photos on the PS3, but I assume they would work.

The message on the screen is kinda annoying, I wish you could use the PS3 while it is connected. The PS3 needs to adapt one feature the 360 has; the ability to be used while it is downloading content from the Sony Store. The 360 was that way before an update, I'm surprised that Sony didn't see what an improvement it is to be able to do navigate around while something is downloaded in the background. There are many little things like this that make us think the PS3 was rushed to the market, even with all the delays. I think they spent most of their time getting the hardware right and figured they would solve the software later on. While the 360 lacks many features of the PS3, it feels like a much more polished system for gaming.