PSP Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Switzermac, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Switzermac macrumors regular

Do any of you guys have PSP's and if so have you got 2.0 on it and if so how does it work with your mac? Can you run it normally? Mine is jumpy when connected.

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I have a PSP and i love it.

Works great with my mac. Very easy to put things on there. And no i don't use PSPware or any of those things.

Nope Don't have v2.0 waiting for the official US release.

3. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

4. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I dont use v.2.0, but it shouldnt matter when connected with your Mac. Its fine for me. For transfering movies I do use PSPWare as it simplifies the process, but it certainly is possible to encode without it.

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i am in the UK and have a US PSP with the Japan 2.0 firmware on it and it is plugged into my Mac that was made in China and was Designed in California

Yep 2.0 works a charm lol

6. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I too have 2.0 works fine with Mac, and the internet browser is a nice touch...

ShadOW ;)

7. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

The mod/hacker community is really making the PSP more attractive everyday. I wish Sony would embrace them instead of forcing firmware updates that cripple their work.

I love my DS, don't get me wrong, but I'll likely get a PSP once the price drops to $150.

Access to the web via 2.0 is a really cool use of existing technology. Hopefully the DS will get some palm-like functionality soon. The touch screen allows the DS to be far more capable in this arena than a PSP could be. Give me a browser, email, IM, and VOIP and I'll be one ecstatic DS owner.

***Isn't it strange to read a post from a DS owner that doesn't revolve around "PSP is teh suxxxors. All your bases are belong to us!!!!" It's possible for two competing products to both be cool.****

8. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh dont get me wrong i'd love a PSP; big screen + savvy looks. just wish it wasn't impossible for fluid FPS gaming and had a better price tag, longer battery life etc.
    the hacker scene is what i like the look of too. emulators, ports etc all seem brilliant. thats pretty much all i use my Xbox for now (as well as video streaming) and I couldn't live without that. its also the only way i can play Quake 1, QuakeX is a godsend for XP users :p
    DS linux really has me interested. hell if you can get linux on an iPod or even a calculator it will be available for DS (and PSP) soon enough.

10. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I agree wholehartedly! I'm hoping that either a) Nintendo licenses the PalmOS from Palm and put it in a firmware upgrade (just basic stuff... a media player, webbrowser, email, address book, and a notepad would be perfect) or at least a premium edition DS, or b) Palm just sells a kit for the DS with all the software on one cart (presumably a standard DS one) and a GBA type cart with 32-64mb of user storage space (or better yet a GBA cart to SmartMedia adapter). Have all the above mentioned basics, plus some extra goodies, like VoIP, IM, etc, and sell it for $50.

Would be huge, I suspect, as you could, in theory anyways, forget about trying to mod the DS to load indie stuff and instead just develop for the PalmOS. Sure, wouldn't probably be able to access the 3d hardware, etc, but would be good for all kinds of other apps and emulators!

11. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

the DS is just for gaming the PSP is alot more

12. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

PSP Games

Hi there I am in the US for a few more days and i got a PSP and i was wondering which games i should get for it before i leave since i cant buy PSP games back home yet. I already have need for speed.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i wouldn't worry about that, cd-wow.co.uk seem to be selling PSP games.

i dont know about anyone else but if i had a PSP i'd go for that Tony Hawks game. sure its Underground but it might be good

14. Vster macrumors 6502

Hello, congrats on your PSP! :D

I'd really reccomend Ridge Racer, this game is a blast and I actually don't think I've ever had this much fun playing a racing game since Burnout 3 for the Xbox.

If you are a fan of the Dynasty Warrior series, that is another one to pick up.

I have Hot Shots Golf and Lumines (won't play them until I beat Ridge Racer), but I've heard some really good things about them both.

15. Echinda macrumors regular

I've got Lumines, Wipeout Pure and Twisted Metal and that is order in which I like them and the reverse order in which I bought them. Since I got Lumines in June I haven't played either of the other games.

Though, what I mostly use my PSP for is watching movies - I'm working late tonight, but on the way home I'll watch the last hour of Crouching Tiger with the director's commentary. Yade and ffmpegx rock.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://m3adapter.com/

Only two weeks to go :) Then the DS will do everything the PSP does, and more...

NES, SNES, Game Gear, GBC, GB, GBA games...+ homebrew...

There are already PDA OSes under way for the DS out there. WinS for DS works well as I've heard, and DSLinux boots in text mode with a touchscreen keyboard already. And there is a $2000 bounty for the first person to get a working TCP/IP implementation.

17. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks alot do you guys no any good action games you could recommend?

18. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

For action give coded arms a try, otherwise i would agree witht the other posts to get lumines....

If your into racing get ridge racer its a blast....

ShadOW ;)

19. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

20. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular

sorry socom is out in december
    Will i be able tto play european psp games on my us psp?

21. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Lumines is puzzle but very addictive, never heard about SOCOm on PSP....

ShadOW :D

22. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

That's frickin' awesome!!! Did anyone notice the list of file types that the M3 supports? mov, wmv, mpeg2, mp3, vob, avi, wav, ac3, rm, etc..

Good news on the palm functionality. I'll paypal a dollar to whomever gets TCP/IP up and running, so make the bounty $2001 ;)

2006 will go down in history as the year of the gamer. These are exciting times to be a geek...

23. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Got Dead to Rights with and just got Ridge Racer sent through this morning: It's absolutely un-****ing-believable!

Seriously, if you've ever liked the series, I'd recommend you buy it.

My 2 pence.

24. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'm addicted to Wipeout Pure, but it's always been my favorite racing series. With all the extra downloads of ships, skins, and courses available, it stays pretty fresh, and the speed in alter classes gets insane. I keep thinking about picking up Ridge Racer and NFS Underground Rivals, but with Burnout coming to PSP this fall, I don't really need that many racers. I also have Lumines, Tiger Woods, MGS Acid, and Ape Escape. Mostly, I play Wipeout and Lumines.

25. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular