PSP Help!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Jan 2, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

I just got the psp with burnout legends and socom, and I was wondering how the game share feature works. its the feature where if you have a friend with a psp you can play versus. it would be great to explain in great detail the exact explantion of this feature, and if my friend and i both need the game to play

2. diddy macrumors 6502

It only works in some games, one of which is Burnout. As far as I know, both people select game sharing, and the PSP with the UMD will automatically find the other PSP. Then it uploads, in Burnout's case, a track and a car to the other person. Then I guess you get to play. :)

I haven't used it before, but this is my (limited) understanding. To answer your question, only one of you needs to have the game when it supports game sharing. Most games, however, require 2 copies to play multiplayer.

3. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

does aNY one know a link where it gives a good description on game sharing?

4. TheGimp macrumors 6502

It's easy. The person who owns Burnout selects game sharing from the Burnout menu, and the receiver selects gamesharing from the PSP's main menu. Then just wait. Make sure both of you have your wifi switch on. If the transfer is working, you should notice the red wifi light (lower left corner of psp) flashing.

Then your friend can play, but he has to make sure not to power down the psp (or play another game) or else the shared game will be lost.

Hope this helps.
    I've also used xlink kai to share a game with someone over the internet, but this is more complicated.