PSP Infrastructure mode information

Discussion in 'Games' started by buffalo, Dec 27, 2006.

1. buffalo macrumors 65816

My brother just got a PSP, and first impressions are good. He doesn't have any tried going online yet so I was wondering how well infrastructure games work? I'm considering getting one as well, and infrastructure games would be a big feature for me. Is it free to play games online? I heard you must get "sponsorships" for some of the sports games... Am I making that up?'

Thanks!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Firstly, don't judge the PSP on first impressions. I did that and ended up losing a bit of money. I believe EA games have sponsorship, and Sony was supposed to be charging for PSP's online service, looks like they scrapped that idea.

3. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm going to wait some to see if my brother's is still fun after a while. The games look much nicer than on the DS and I was reading IGN's PSP review for 2006 and they said good games started coming out for the PSP this year.

Also, are there any updates / price drops expected any times soon?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

:rolleyes: ..Anyway PSP online is very good. there are a lot of games(Good Games) that have online support now. Its very easy to get up and running on the system. You have any more question I'm here for ya:)

Bless

5. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

How much are the PSP memory stick things nowadays? (considering getting one - not gonna buy any PSP games, o'course... ;))

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm sorry, shall I let him follow my mistakes that left me losing money? I gave the guy my experience. Just as my experience with the original Xbox was perfect, the PS1 too. I spent a whole day at college playing numerous racing games and ran out and bought one. Funnily enough my friend sold his PSP months after I sold mine. I know nobody with one now :eek:

7. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

I was playing SOCOM 2 today online. The set-up was easy, plenty of players, relatively free of lag, and the graphics impress me. Sure the analog nub on the PSP is kind of annoying and hard to use but its something one would probably get used to. In my opinion, SOCOM on the PSP is more engaging than my three games on the DS (MK, Tetris, and Starfox). On the PSP the graphics are nicer, wifi is better set-up and I think I saw some 10,000 players logged into SOCOM.

I don't want to give up on the DS but... Mario Kart gets old racing the same tracks with people who snake and sometimes only one other person by the last race (if you even start out with 4). Starfox hasn't been able to connect me to a game in ages (not enough people) so that takes a large portion of that game away. Tetris is fun enough, but can only keep me entertained for so long; it is just Tetris after-all.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

He is not asking if he should purchase the console but rather the online play. How will he lose money if he likes the machine..sure thats your experience with it but he is ready for it and we shouldn't try to give him doubts ONLY if he asked for our opinion on the purchase.

SOCOM 2 online is really good just as the 1st one. Look for me Mr. Riggz:)

Bless

9. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

Are there any particular games you would recommend? I'm looking at Fifa '07. IGN gave it 8.5 and I think it can be played via infrastructure; can anyone confirm?

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Lumines 1 and 2
    Gradius Collection
    MGS: PO
    Killzone
    SP: Dark Mirror
    SOCOM 1 and 2
    Megaman X
    Tokobot
    loco roco
    wipeout pure
    Tekken
    daxter
    GTA: LCS & VCS

PSP has some good games now and most of them are online ready.
    I'm not sure about fifa'07

Bless