[PSP] PSOne Emulator pics

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haoshiro, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Well here it is...

So if that is true then you have to download the games and pay $15/ea... wooh.

Still, $15 is cheap for say, Einhander (rare Square game).

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That sounds great...bring it on. $15.00 is much less than i expected and would be welcomed to the PSP collection.

Bless

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

A few things I have to question.

1) I still don't get it. How can you play PS1 games without L2, R2, and the second analog stick?

2) Why is Final Fantasy VII listed and no others?

3) Final Fantasy VII...didn't that ship on four CD's? Doesn't that mean...slightly less than 2.8 GB? Do we honestly want to download that to a memory stick?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm sure they figure all the button config out(hopefully map them to another button).....no worries here, they have to get it right.

The way i look at it is you download it on your HD and when u wanna play it you DL into your mem stick....people have the big mem stick these days.

Metal Gear,Silent hill...oh man!

Bless

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

What other buttons? lol

Well yeah but you still need a 3 GB memory stick. $$$$!

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

that was the question fro mthe beginning but since there are rumors of a new psp with included camera for the end of the year i guess they simply add the buttons on that version

ps1 games all shipped on cds .. and for multiple cd games i guess you have to get more/bigger memory sticks

7. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

It sounds like a great idea, but there's no way I'm going to pay $100+ for a memory stick and pay $15 a game and pay $250 for a PSP, and another $20 for 'required' accessories (screen protector, extended battery).

8. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Is it just me, or do those pics look very homebrew ;)

9. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

$15 is a little pricey, but I'd try it out. The added bonus of wifi for some of the games would be great. I'm pretty convinced that this is going to happen. It just makes sense to bring in money with these old games that no one's buying now.

Perhaps they'll stream larger games to you, so you only have the parts of the game you need? It'd require wifi, but save you from buying big mem. cards. I don't know if that's even possible, but it sounds like it could be.

10. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

didn't PS1's controller not have the joysticks

[​IMG]

yeah

iono sounds cool

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The first gen controller didn't but shortly after launch they released a SECOND controller with TWO joysticks and rumble (called Dual Shock).

12. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Well once they saw Nintendo's design anyway. :p

This looks great, but $15 for a very old game, plus what you have to store it on (a super large Memory Stick) sounds just a bit too expensive.

13. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

I love it. Anti PSP people will always have something to cry about. It just dosent really matter. Need Memory Stick, Need more buttons, I have to use electricity to charge my psp, $15 is too much. $1 is too much. My thumbs might hurt. What if I download the game and I dont like it. Its awesome.

Bring on the downloads. 4GB memory stick pro duo's out in a few months. :D

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Indeed....it always the same no matter what comes to the table and i'm sure they will figure out a way for the controls. I'm waiting on this because i would love to full my 200Gig HD with PS1 games and take em on the go...i'm ready to dish out for a 4gig mem stick....

Bless

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

erm. But the button thing IS a problem? Some games need all 4 shoulder buttons (I didn't play many PS1 games but Tomb Raider and Air Combat are 2 examples). I dunno. It will be very good on the PS3. but the PSP? the memory sticks and buttons are a huge problem. Especially when for the price of a 2gb Memory Stick Duo thing you could get another console. hmm.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm not crying about anything; I genuinely don't understand how it's possible to play a PS1 game while missing an analog stick and two buttons.

17. Haoshiro thread starter macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens though... I'm sure people on this board that are willing to spend iPod amounts of money on a memory stick will be able to tell us how it works. :D

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I spent a lot of money on a 4gb Microdrive. Can I use that in a PSP? Just that might be good for PS1 emulation, so long as I can still store 50-100 RAW images on it.
    Can the PSP read RAW images? That would be very useful for me.

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well that looks nice, but again the money it takes to do it, is just to much. I mean

PSP-250
    Memory Stick-2Gb-179
    Moives-30 a pop, and only works on the PSP
    Games-30-50(50 for the "better ones)
    Extras-(Strong Case ect) 20
    PS1 games-15

719 for 3 moives, 3 games, and 2 PS1 games, the PSP, Memory Sticl, and Extras, and if you want to store music on your PSP you'll need even more memory sticks:rolleyes:

Good idea, a nice groups of add ons out there for people to buy, but to price to make the PSP do what sony brags about it doing so well.

End RANT:eek:

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Cost even more than that in the UK!
    though I don't full heartedly agree with the numbers. I mean I have a GC with 19 games, 4 controllers and 3 memory cards. If someone said "here, you can have this all now for £695" I'd probably have ran away. Console expenditure work in that you spread the cost over the life of the console. All at once would be an awful lot, it's realistic but it's still a lot!
    That said you would need to spend a lot to play PS1 games on the go.

Personally I'd stick to the PS3 for old games. Especially in HD.

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Didn't the PSP price dropped to $199? and the mem sticks also?.....i won't be EVER getting movies on the PSP i use it for games and nothing more...they learn there lesson with the $$ handheld....

Hope they price the games different(like less for the not so hot games)

Bless

22. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No, Sony announced they're GOING to drop the price to $199 later on.

It's still $249. Actually, at GameStop today the signs said $259.

23. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

They released a $199 'core' system. Basically, the PSP itself, battery, and charger. No case, earphones, memory card, strap, remote, etc.

I just got one a few days ago, with a 1gb memory stick and a $40 game it came out to near $400. I could of gotten an xbox 360, for around the same price (they had them in stock) but I don't want a lemon, and there are no games I want for it.

So far I like it overall, though I'm not sure if it was worth the price.

24. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

ur kidding right?
    PSP - $199
    2GB - $99
    Movies - $15
    Games - 30-50 but 50 for the better ones? umm So Daxter and Socom and Syphon filter are just crap but their 40?
    Case - $20? Now you gotta be kidding me. Ur complaining about $20 for a case to protect ur stuff. Solution. Dont buy it. WOW!

Walmart, most movies $15
    Newegg, 2Gb for $100 Shipped.

Like I said, people will always bitch and complain about something. lol hopefully gonna pick up a second psp by months end (the white unit) :)

25. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Nope...the core system is already out and selling at EBgames at $199 and at the psp site.

Bless