PSP Purchase Quick Question

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarkNetworks, Jan 10, 2007.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    Planning on getting a PSP next week. Been through most stores and apparently they only have the Black PSP Base Pack at this time. I haven't seen any stores with the Black PSP Value Pack. Any ideas where can I get one online at a reasonable price or are there any deals you know in store (in the UK)? I'm still thinking should it be White or Black. What is the main difference between the Base Pack and Value Pack? I don't plan to get any Memory Stick Duo for the PSP since I'm not planning to bring video content or music to the PSP, it's solely for gaming since I already have an iPod, I'll probably need some space for game saves only, is the Base Pack the way to go or the Value Pack would be a better deal? What are the price range should I be looking at? Thanks in advance.
  2. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

Jan 12, 2006
    In my opinion, if all you want is games I wouldn't pay the PSP price for all its functionality. The DS lite is pretty amazing for just games... but maybe you don't like those games in which case don't listen to me...

however, I can't answer your questions w/out using google for you so I'm just worthlessly responding b/c I'm bored.
  3. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2005
    I already own a DS Lite.
  4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    The fella didn't ask you if he should purchase the PSP...he wants to know the difference between the packs(I'm sure he knows what the PSP has to offer)...what is up with you guys always trying to sway people away from what they want:rolleyes:

Anyway check this site out for answers.

5. darkwing macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    DS Lite owners can't afford a PSP or they're still living in the 80s with their Mario love. True gamers own both anyway. :)
  6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    I have both. :)

Oh, wait... No... I just sold my PissP on ebay

Anyway, Sony don't do the Value Pack anymore, they only pack it with no memory card so you can buy which one is best for you. If you find somewhere selling them, it will be old stock.

The base pack comes with nothing, really, only the PSP, the charger and the battery. Everything you need to get running. The value pack used to offer pretty much the same, but with a 32meg memory card for saving games.