PSP...Title Strong in O Seven

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

How long do the batteries last typically when playing a full-fledged 3D game on the PSP? How long does it take to charge it to full capacity after its died?

2. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

A Game like GTA....I've seen it been played like four hours....but I don't play portables for hours on end so I can't give you anything on that one. My PSP takes like an hour to charge to full....don't quote me on that I never really timed it.

Most all of my games are 3D and I get good playing time out of a charge.

Bless

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Havent played my psp in ages, which is worring as I spent €120 getting the likes of GTA Vice City, Killzone & Tekken 5 after xmas, and I havent even touched them :eek:

4. darkwing macrumors 65816

I used my PSP on a flight to Japan (10 hours) for 4-5 hours and the battery meter went to 2 bars instead of 3. The neat thing about the PSP is the software can actually set the speed of the CPU so simpler games can be better on power consumption.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow if that "good" games for the PSP I'm happy I don't have one!

But really the DS and PSP havn't gotten any good games for a while...Pokémon soon:D

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I got mine 2nd hand (1.5 firmware... ooh back in the day now) so I doubt the battery was at it's peak. I was heading out to see my girlfriend (hour on train). The thing didn't make it back on a full battery. That whole experience turned me away.
    For comparisons sake my Micro and DS Lite have lasted full holidays off single charges.

Tell you what though. With all them GTA games coming out for the PS2 as well, Sony are doing a mighty fine job in making me want a Slim PS2 over a PSP. Huge fan of GTA after all.

7. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Uh yeah....whats your class of a good game. If you don't consider these titles(With all good scores by the way) then you must tell me what you consider good...well I guess its good you don't have the system because you might of come over to the boards whining away...I like white cheddar with it by the way:)

On a side note...I haven't touch my DS lite and PSP in a while but I felt it was time to pay attention to them and so far its keeping me entertained.

Bless

8. gathaar macrumors member

well, I like the second and third game. especially the second (the girl with the drill), but I don't see a European release date :(.

The only game i really liked on my psp till now was Tales of Eternia ...

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

There's some pertty awful games in that original post. Crazy Taxi??
    That said Dracula X Chronicles and the FFT port (http://www.jay-t.com/public/gaf/finalft-24.jpg) are pretty much forcing me to get a PSP. Next price drop it'll most probably be mine.

It's worrying to see big games like VCS and Metal Gear drop in price so quickly after release.

10. darkwing macrumors 65816

I play TOE every night until I get sleepy enough to put it down. I love it. Huge fan of the Tales series. I bought a GameCube solely for Symphonia. Anyway, TOE was never released in the US so I had to import it. Just import yourself a opy of Gurumin when it comes out. I'll be picking up a copy myself. PSPs are region free!

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

It was my point that to say the PSP doesn't have any game I'd like to play(how is Crazy Taxi one of the good games for the system?!) As for game I like Shooters(I was looking at a PSP for those types of games, but the control were bad ) Turn based strategy(Advance Wars!) Side Scrollers (New Mario Brothers, Yoshi Island DS) , and racing games like Mario Kart, not racing Sims.

As for the game having good scores, so what, that doesn't mean I have to like them.

12. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Great I'm happy for you...thats your opinion. You make it seem like those games are not good and I've played the ones that are out and they are good. Yoshi Islands DS sucked very badly IMO..a true boring title.

Crazy taxi might not be your cup of tea but it could be anothers....

If you think they are no good then don't post because the people with the PSP and looking for a good game don't need that....keep it.

Bless

13. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

And thats where we like different games...thats fine. in fact its a good thing because different people like different game, which push game devs to make different games.

Its a forum, that point is to share our opinions about things, good or bad.

14. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I understand that and lets cut this out before we get the axe....In your first post was not seen as an opinion but rather an out right blow at the system which is getting really boring(Its fine that you don't like it but this was for people looking for good psp games). I have no problems in anyone not liking a game because those titles you called are not for me.

We all know how it goes in the gaming forums...nothing new.

Bless

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

while not all those games you posted Riggz aren't my cup o tea, the PSP does have some good stuff for it lately. I thought Vice City stories was a much better GTA than Liberty City stories was (although the controls still kinda irked me). I wanna get Killzone, since I really did like the demo disc I got from EB, and Ratchet and Clank should be good, its my favorite PS platformer (next to old school Crash Bandicoot :D) I really do hope the PSP gets the good games it deserves and for god's sake Sony:

PUT

OUT

PLAYSTATION ONE ERA

FINAL

FANTASY

NOW!

16. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Castlevania
    God of War(rumored)
    Metal Slug Anthology
    Coded Arms: Contagion
    Prince of Persia Rival Swords
    After Burner: Black Falcon
    just to name a few......

17. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Sony don't make Final Fantasy.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's nice and all. Certainly brings out the port in portable.

Ps. Castlevania is a port from the pre Metroidvania style games so it isn't going to compare to the phenomenal Sorrow series.
    I heard Sega snapped up some games designer to bring some kooky game to the PSP, that one has my attention. Totally forgotten the name, but it involved switching between 2D and 3D. Goes to show there can be some originality on the PSP.

19. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I'm looking at this game as well...looks good.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/crush/index.html?tag=topten;all;title;6

I don't care if its ports or not once its good.....one port I must have is Silent Hill 1....please please.

Thats not a problem...as long as the psp is getting a castlevania.

There is like two FF games coming to the psp...but thats not my cup of tea:)

Bless

20. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

LOL!!

It's Rondo of Blood! I love the DS titles..but Rondo of Blood! RONDO OF BLOOD!!

21. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

so? doesnt mean that square can't put them out for PSP. FFVII would sell like crazy for it.

22. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

It also comes with Symphony of the Night. :D

With new voice acting. Thank god.

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The game I've been playing a huge amount lately on my PSP is

'Jumping Flash' downloaded from PSN marketplace.

Love this game. Give me jumping flash 2, and make Jumping Flash 3 for the PS3 please sony :D

24. gathaar macrumors member

Do you think there is a chance that they release FF VII/VIII/IX for the PSP? If so, i would be the happiest man alive :)