psp uploading????

Discussion in 'Games' started by drater, Feb 26, 2006.

1. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

hey guys, i'm trying to figure out how to upload .iso or mp4's to my psp. anyone have any program suggestions or directions...please? Thanks in advance

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Try www.pspxplay.com(i think you have to pay for this) and see what they got to offer. sorry i couldn't help you more but i'll have a look around for u.

Question: have you ever uploaded anything to your PSP?

Bless

3. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

no, never uploaded anything to it before...just wondering how to upload movies and isos

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

The PSP is very particular about what files go where. It took me forever to figure it out on forums, etc.

To save time and headache, I use : PSPWare

It works great, and all you have to do is drop your movies on the app, and it will convert it to the right format and size. Then you sync.

5. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

ok, but what if i already have the right format? like if i converted them using a different program, or some of my movies are already in ipod format, won't that work?
    what about loading isos?

6. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Well loading isos is illegal.

But if you want to know, you must have a PSP with v1.5 or v1.0 to load an iso, and you need a special program. I don't know anymore than that, I have a v2.0 PSP and I am happy to be not stealing games/playing illegal games on it.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If you dump the ISO yourself, it's not illegal and there are benefits like faster loading times from what I hear.

Unfortunately, 99% of people don't dump it themselves.

I dump my GBA roms myself.

8. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

fyi, to back up your own games is legal. just like backing up your own music. if i have a card that is big enough to hold several games so i don't have to carry around every single umd that I HAVE PURCHASED, then i will wonder how to do so. And yes, I am running v1.5, i down grade because i recently got a 2gb memory stick as a present (well, the gift card that bought it at circuitcity). Not trying to be a jerk, but I would never steal this kind of stuff, and if backing up my own games is illegal, then I apologize in advance.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Check out some portals too...they are legal and they do not harm your PSP. Indeed try PSPware it will handle everything for you...its a snap.

Bless

10. drater thread starter macrumors 6502a

drater

don't know how to do the back of thing for games on pspware, just tried. i also tried putting movies into the linked folders and its uploads, but on my psp i don't see them in any saved catagories....holy frustrations!

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Make sure they are in the right format, in the right folder and your mem stick is big enough.

Bless

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Well, it's a fine line.

It's legal to back up anything you own.

However, it is illegal to break the encryption in the process.

And it is illegal to transfer it to someone else. And thus, it is also illegal to download someone else's copy and they can't legally send it to you.

So it really depends how you got them. If you downloaded off the internet an ISO of a game you own, it's technically illegal and shouldn't be discussed on the board, however I think most will agree that you are perfectly justified and aren't stealing.

If you ripped them yourself (I'm not sure how that is done on the PSP, I know it's quite difficult on the DS) then awesome :)

However, since most people don't bother to do it themselves, the first assumption made is that you're downloading pirated games. Sorry if that assumption was incorrect. It's true 90% of the time.